Search results

1. S

Ready made stereo

SOLD SOLD SOLD ALL GONE COOKIE I am selling the remaining stereo equipment from my 5. First is a Pioneer AVH3100 DVD with dash kit, plug and play wiring harness, and parking brake bypass relay. Works perfectly, and rocks hard with stock 5 speakers. Next is set of Polk db 5251component...
  2. S

A Sad End to Secondtyme

On my way to work yesterday morning I ran over a deer. Notice I say "ran over" and not "hit" The deer was already on the ground and I ran her over with the right front tire. Somehow the carcass made HARD contact with the engine which sheared the motor mount on that side off the block which...
  3. S

Time to fix...

My stripped oil pan drain. The Vato-Zone toggle bolt patch plug is only sort of working because the hole is too deep, so the toggle bolt is sort of hanging on by its fingernails. NOT GOOD. So, I would really like to re-tap the hole in the pan to a slightly larger thread size, call it...
  4. S

Getting ready to order

The bits and pieces of my "system" for my 5. I have selected Polk db5251 5-1/4 for the front doors, Pioneer 6986r 6x9 4 ways for the rear, and a Pioneer GMD1004 45w x 4 amp to power same. This is all going to be connected to my existing Pioneer avh3100dvd HU which has served me very well. I'm...
  5. S

Drive Belt or Water Pump?

Here is my situation, in brief. Went to go to work yesterday, car started up fine, normal idle, no warning lights. cracked the sunroof, put the car into Reverse. As soon as I got into R, the car lurched very heavily, which it has never done. Started to back down the driveway, no power...
  6. S

The Time Has Come!

My beloved 06 is going to get the Speed3 brake upgrade at last. Now I have a few questions as I prepare to get to buying parts. First, will I need wheel spacers to clear the calipers with my stock 17" wheels? Second, should I pop for the Goodridge SS lines while I have everything apart...
  7. S

Wiring Color help needed

Hey all, I have LED turn signals to put in and the load resistors to ensure they work properly. However I have no idea which of the two wires leading to the turn signal socket is the positive feed. There is a striped and a solid color wire, which one is it? Also, is there a cluster ground for...
  8. S

Headlight Issues

Hello all, i have a seriously vexing issue and need advice on a possible solution. My drivers side headlight has quit working, only the low beam, everything else works fine. I have been running an E-bay HID kit for about five months with zero issues till now. I was operating under the...
  9. S

So Conflicted

I have this argument with myself with every car I buy. Replace the audio or leave it alone. I have a Pioneer AVH3200DVD double DIN reciever that was in my Subaru. I love this HU, had the parking brake bypass installed so I could watch movies while NOT driving, very easy to use, custom...
  10. S

How about this?

I am feeling the need for a little more rumble in my 5. I have had loud exhaust on the last four cars i have owned and am realizing that I miss it. That being said, this is a VAN, and I don't want to instigate any races I will summarily lose. I'm kinda thinking of getting a Borla universal...
  11. S

Attention FreeAux-ers

Help me out here, i have looked at the post from the MS6 forum and would like a little advice. I would love to do the Free-Aux Mod, but really want a drop in alternative. Are the Grom Audio units any good? 100 Bucks is pretty dear for something i can probably do myself for about three bucks...
  12. S

I'm not this dumb

Normally, actually according to my wife I am. I have searched and searched and cannot find a reference for how to remove the map light lenses from an 06 with sunroof. I want to change the bulbs to LED and can't get the damn clear lenses off! I don't want to pry them too hard, or the wrong way...
  13. S

Renewal of an old question

Will a header built for a Mazda 3 fit a 5 of the same vintage? For example a Vibrant header for a 2006 3, being used on my 06 5. I was pretty sure that this was accepted practice a few years ago when i had an 07 5, but wanted to check again
  14. S

To all the PO's

You SUCK! I put my "new to me" 5 up on ramps to do an oil change and general once over this afternoon. And i discovered that the previous owner had so FUBARed the oil filter cartridge that I very nearly couldn't get it open. The Allen head drain bolt was completely stripped out, the o- ring...
  15. S

Fog Lights?

Hey all, i read the owners manual for fun last night for my "new to me" 06 touring. The manual states that the foglights take an H11 bulb; however it also states that the bulbs are integral with the unit and the WHOLE BLESSED THING SHOULD BE REPLACED! That can't be right can it? I would like...
  16. S

Great to be Back!

Hi all, I just purchased a 2006 5 Touring automatic at auction last night. As my name suggests this is my second 5 I bought a 2007 5 Sport manual brand new in 2007. The 07 was silver and was destroyed in an accident. Though I moved on to a Honda Fit and then a Subaru Forester, I never did...
Back