Search results

1. X

AC compressor sounds like a respirator.

mine does the exact same thing (2013, sport, manual). Dealership rolled their eyes at me, especially since I was trying to convince two older males (with higher pitched hearing reduced). It's very annoying, and aggravating, but their attitude was basically "what do you expect for ad $14k car...
  2. X

Short Shifter Install

I started double clutching when I heard it shaved a couple tenths off of Paul Walker's quarter mile time. Serious waste of time in our 100 hp pea shooters, unless you can't heel toe. 70's Porsche? becomes much more relevant.
  3. X

Cute little throttle body

so, what you're saying is that with a 3", or hell, 4" TB on a small engine like ours you think it would lose power?
  4. X

Car Shakes at 60+ mph

I assumed this was done correctly since you were pretty specific in previous posts. The issue is non hubcentric wheels with a spacer that isn't perfect.
  5. X

Cute little throttle body

Sizing a TB is like sizing injectors. you want it big enough to support the engine, but small enough so you keep resolution. air velocity has next to nothing to do with it, there is an intake manifold and head after the TB that handles that. You'd be surprised how little effect tuning up a TB...
  6. X

How to adjust the rear suspension (making the wheel center again)

won't work in our cars. Here's an image everybody should have :
  7. X

Car Shakes at 60+ mph

That is good. The bad news is that it's time to put stock wheels/tires on your car (from a car that doesn't shake) after you check wheel bearings. I bet the issue goes away.
  8. X

Car Shakes at 60+ mph

The on/off/on bothers me. Is it the same regardless of load/gear? does it happen coasting down a hill? Toe *might* be an issue, but I wouldn't go there yet. Build/buy some basic toe plates and never pay somebody to do it again.
  9. X

Lightweight Battery Installation

Very pretty, and solid work. I've never thought about using flat stock & tubing like that. It seems like a missed opportunity though, unless I'm just not seeing it in your pictures, to move the battery much lower in addition to farther back. Was there not as much room back there as I'm thinking?
  10. X

Car Shakes at 60+ mph

Does it still shake only when you're above 60? Is it a certain MPH or RPM or straight, turning, braking? Shakes can be frustrating. How do your wheel bearings look? If there was a previous problem you lived with for 10k miles it could have beat them up pretty bad. Good luck!
  11. X

Alignment with camber bolts - Results

Did you mention to them that any parts would also work on the (selling in much higher quantities) Fiesta?
  12. X

Torque Wrench settings for lug nuts - Mazda 2

I use impacts for 90% of the work I do, but the first time you have a wheel come loose because you had low air, low power, cross threaded nut, or crooked wheel that didn't settle right, etc., you start torquing these things. Impact -> roll vehicle by hand -> torque wrench.
  13. X

Mazda 2 Fog Lights

Some asshole already started a thread about this. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123826033-Adding-Fog-Lights-Mazda-2-Sport
  14. X

Alignment with camber bolts - Results

I wonder how much alignment is in the play of the rear bushings. Has anybody filled those a la Ford's autocross suspension instructions? Incredibly interesting. Now the question is - what do our cars want?
  15. X

Torque Wrench settings for lug nuts - Mazda 2

I've always used 85.
  16. X

WTB: 2013 Mazda 2 Factory Radio

I have one, and quite possibly could be persuaded to sell it, but I wouldn't do it for cheap. Any idea what a dealer wants? Do we have a wiring diagram anywhere? I don't know how integrated the USB is into the harness ... in fact, wouldn't surprise me if the functionality was there in...
  17. X

Power window, auto headlights

Apparently I have super fat fingers. It took some trying to find the 1" down mode, I would have never noticed it without this thread. My last car (company owned) was a 2009 Taurus, you had to really hold the button to get it down, so I'm used to that. I like this, as on hot days here in CA...
  18. X

Short Shifter Install

It's all about the quality of parts you buy, for the most part. $40 ebay parts are a 50/50 shot if they fit as well as their $200 equivalent. IMO, it's not worth buying a part unless it is perfect, otherwise I'd just make it myself. I don't want to beat up on Corksport, I think they do a...
  19. X

CorkSports Mazda 2 Dyno

If I can see a picture of a damaged one, or even one that shows the back side of the pulley (assumed failure point) I can tell you what is going on. Over torquing is incredibly common on crank pulleys - most people use breaker bars and go gorilla tight. And dealership mechanics are there to do...
  20. X

Power window, auto headlights

Power windows stopping an inch open? Please elaborate, I haven't noticed this.
Back