Search results

1. X

AWD Systems Comparison With Europeans

Mazda cx5 is good in snow mainly because it rides on 215 tyres, but my Tiguan permanently drives a minimum of 10% to the rears and can send near 100% to the rear if required. I have no experience in snow yet but it rides on 235 tyres so may not be as good. But I often floor it to set off with...
  2. X

Anyone consider a used Luxury SUV for the price of a new CX-5?

I've had the wheels off a couple of times now, usually once a year and not noticed any difference to a cx5. Tiguan is much better protected and less prone to rust compared to a cx5, but I still prefer the cx5 diesel, I think the twin turbo makes a difference. Having said that I have zero oil...
  3. X

Anyone consider a used Luxury SUV for the price of a new CX-5?

I bought a 190ps auto 4motion swb Tiguan 18 month ago, no regrets and 100% reliability unlike both cx5 I had. For those who want power a R type with around 300ps is due out. 4motion gives 10% to the rear minimum all times.
  4. X

Why is Mazda-Australia so much more successful than Mazda-USA?

In the UK CX-5 is no longer a bargain buy, Mazda's attempt to move upmarket IMO will fail unless in the UK they offer more powerful engines, we still only see a 2L petrol in the UK, now if a 2.5T was offered with a more modern dash display which is configurable along with a weight lost, then I...
  5. X

Google says distance to Japan is 10.144km to USA, but only 6,848 to Australia.
  6. X

Yes that's right. Their diesel gets 190ps with 450nm torque, uk 184ps with 445nm, us even less, all due to emission systems installed. And possibly fuel quality.
  7. X

In Australia the Mazda's sold are using lower emissions, euro5 instead of 6, its also very close to Japan, both may have a bearing, the Tucson also sells well.
  8. X

Diesel CX5 has landed in the USA

With my lighter 2013 diesel or 2015 175ps I would get no where near 50mpg uk motorway, just under 40mpg usually. In winter with local driving as little as 35mpg. Best ever I had twice was 55mpg on none motorway roads obviously with no DPF burn. I actually get more MPG with my 2019 190ps DSG...
  9. X

2017~2024 First automatic. Failure to launch well.

With a CX-5 diesel auto (twin sequential turbos) I found the quickest way to go was using manual mode. I have a Tiguan diesel DSG now and find the quickest way to go is using auto in sport... I rarely use the paddles.
  10. X

economy for diesel CX5 manual

It also helps if the car has an eco mode which can disconnect the gear box, effectively running in neutral at tick over. And having extra gears so the engine is always running at its most efficient. Speed wise ironically I've found an average higher speed (but still low) can return better...
  11. X

If the CX5-D wasn't already a flop...

Or just a limit to how many children each couple can have..... And stop giving to charities which artificially keep "people" alive that require constant handouts to live, and whose culture it is to bred as many children as they can.
  12. X

Ford lifted Mazda's CX-5 design

Its more like a Tiguan. Sliding rear seats, and full panoramic sun roof. In the UK Fords are also getting a 8 speed torque convertor auto, I will defiantly but looking at one when its out.
  13. X

2019 CX-5 Diesel

So is anyone looking at buying a diesel?
  14. X

2019 CX-5 Diesel

Having driven a cx5 diesel for 5 years the 175ps with 420nm even with a kerbweight of 1703kg gave good performance. But your version is well behind on both power and torque, but probably weighs more, does it still have a sequential turbo? The other issue I have with Mazda is the lack of...
  15. X

What new Mazda is coming?

That article is so full of bull s***. Bottom line for me is its ugly to look at, the extra wide black wheel arch covers destroy the looks, its too small with poor power? And its not a SUV.
  16. X

1st gen vs 2nd gen forum

The above is why I wasn't interested in a 2019 car, having driven both a 2017 and 2018 car I found the driving experience numb, not for me. My 2015 car gave me everything I needed, just got bored of it and wanted a change. And the price had increased by over 3K.
  17. X

2018 CX-5 Low Speed Transmission Hesitation/Jerk/Lurch

Well my 2015 cx-5 had no jerking, sounds like bull s*** from the dealer to me.
  18. X

Did anyone cross-shop CX-5 with the new Tiguan?

In the UK we now get a 230ps petrol which is more than adequate, and a 240ps twin turbo diesel. Both give 0-60 times around the mid 6's
  19. X

Did anyone cross-shop CX-5 with the new Tiguan?

I bought a SWB 190ps Tiguan SEL after two test drives and 5 years with a cx-5 175ps diesel. Paid around the same price as I would a cx-5.
  20. X

Turbo: nobody home?

With the diesel the auto will take the revs higher before changing with a cold engine, during normal driving.
Back