Search results

1. MazdaDriverNJ

2013~2016 Throttle Body cleaning - Frequency?

@CX-5um LOL now that's a fun comparison, thanks! I asked the dealer if they take photos when they find items to recommend... because I would love to see what my throttle body looks like, before I decide to spend yet another $100+. They said no. I guess I have to check myself. The car is at the...
  2. MazdaDriverNJ

@RedBaron Thank you and yes, I've read enough to know not to drive it now. Taking it back to the dealer on Friday (was supposed to be for oxygen sensor but now this also, which I'm making a priority for them to look at), and getting a loaner until they fix it.
  3. MazdaDriverNJ

I would love to check it myself but just really not sure in my abilities. I can fix many things at home, but with the car, I'm not sure. If I had someone experienced standing and watching what I'm doing, I would feel more confident in opening up the hood and taking things apart. Another issue...
  4. 09-15-2020 Oil leak -2.jpg

09-15-2020 Oil leak -2.jpg

5. 09-15-2020 Oil leak -2jpg.jpg

09-15-2020 Oil leak -2jpg.jpg

6. 09-15-2020 Oil leak -1.jpg

09-15-2020 Oil leak -1.jpg

7. MazdaDriverNJ

Guide How to clean throttle body Mazda CX-5 Skyactiv G

I thought the same thing.. all engine parts looked so clean, and the throttle, too. I wonder what mine looks like after 120K miles.
  8. MazdaDriverNJ

2013~2016 Dealer suggested services - advice needed

Thank you so much for all the advice... and it's a mom in this case 😂:) Mom who is not a total idiot when it comes to cars but prefers to let professionals do the big jobs.. Cabin and engine air filters are so basic, anyone can do it. Thank you again!
  9. MazdaDriverNJ

2016 Mazda CX-5 clock keeps advancing time

Mine runs fast too. First 1 min, then few weeks later it becomes 2 min, then few more weeks it becomes 3 min. I think within 6-8 months it gets to 3-4 min. Then it's time to reset for daylight savings so I put the correct time at that point.. and the cycle continues.
  10. MazdaDriverNJ

Wow they did it a year ago at 50K+ miles? Mine has 120K miles and I've never had it done...It was recommended now as priority item so I'm considering.
  11. MazdaDriverNJ

2013~2016 Dealer suggested services - advice needed

Hi there everyone, I have 2013 Mazda CX-5 purchased in 2012 new. The car has almost 120K miles on it. Now that my daughter turned 17 and got her license, this will be her car. I took it to the dealer today for an oil change (and another issue, below), and here is the list of suggested services...
  12. MazdaDriverNJ

2016 CX-5 Brake Noises

I've been experiencing the same issue (inconsistent screeching noise when braking) and finally after 2 years of trying to figure out what it is (and replacing brakes and rotors twice), I have been told it's the rubber bushings in the lower front control arm. Googling further, I came across this...
  13. MazdaDriverNJ

Rear brakes replacement and cost

Wow you guys are really informative. Thank you. Unfortunately doing this myself was out of question as I draw the line on my ability to be handy.. the line is somewhere after changing cabin/engine air filter and installing wind deflectors ;) So I took the car to a shop recommended by a friend...
  14. MazdaDriverNJ

Rear brakes replacement and cost

Hi guys, I haven't been here in a while... I guess it's good that there weren't any car issues or questions.. but missed the forum. I am at almost 51K miles, and I am told (by 3 different places) that rear brakes need to be replaced. No noise or squeaking so I am hoping rotors are still good...
  15. MazdaDriverNJ

Detailers Unite

This week finally it warmed up in NJ too :) Cleaned out everything; vacuum and interior seat/dash cleaning, finally switched the mats from original all-weather to WeatherTech (front only, back seat had WeatherTech already), installed side window deflectors (again, finally - holiday gift was...
  16. MazdaDriverNJ

Key FOB Covers? For Advanced Keyless Entry Remotes

This website sells keyfob covers for CX-5 in different colors. It's $7.99 but shipping is just as much: $7.50 (at least to NJ).
  17. MazdaDriverNJ

how to disable sunroof?

I have the sunroof shade closed most of the time - sun is not good for you anyway ;)
  18. MazdaDriverNJ

All Weather Mats...Which?

WeatherTech are known for not offering discounts or free shipping. I had to exchange something I bought from them during the holidays, I made them pay return shipping but then they went ahead and charged me shipping (the whooping $18!) for the replacement item.
  19. MazdaDriverNJ

All Weather Mats...Which?

I've had OEM mats since I bought the car (August 2012), and I already bought WeatherTechs to replace. I bought the rear one last summer because I could not stand all that dirt on the carpet in the middle of the backseat. I was pretty happy with it. Now the front WeatherTech liners are just...
Back