Search results

1. B

Rear door when hauling large items

I have had my CX-5 since August, 2012 and only noticed a few weeks ago, when I wanted to haul a small tree home that there are no tie-down hooks on the rear door. I could not find any way to tie the door down when hauling oversized items. This is my 5th SUV and the first one that did not have...
  2. B

Engine racing when braking

Hello all, The last few weeks I've noticed that sometimes when I am braking to slow down the car to make a turn, it seems and sounds like the engine is racing as if I had it in neutral and was putting my foot on the gas. This is a 2013 automatic touring in Drive. Has anyone else noticed...
  3. B

Best wax/sealant for Siver CX 5

Can anyone tell me what they have found as the best wax or sealant or best combination of products for the Liquid Silver metallic CX 5. I used Meguiars and Klasse products in the past on our red cars and they looked great but neither of them seem to make the silver pop the way I would like.
  4. B

MPH and MPG and average temperature

Fuelly has a list of C-5 getting some great mileage numbers and I realize that throughout all of the counties where our Mazda CX 5's are being driven there are many different terrains and variables. I thought it might be interesting to look at the correlation between the average miles...
  5. B

Rear seat release / oil changes etc.

Hello all, I want to get some information and some opinions I took my car to the local Mazda dealer - the one I purchased it from is about 45 minutes away but depending on your responses, I may make the trip and give them a try next. I had three things on my list -- change...
  6. B

Helping the transmission shift?

I've noticed when I drive my 2013 CX 5 AWD and am starting out from a stop that the mpg reading is very low which i realize is normal. As I accelerate with the speed increasing I can feel the transmission starting to shift so I take my foot off the gas a little and the mpg reading goes up. Are...
  7. B

Brand of gas and fuel mileage

Has anyone found a difference in their gas mileage caused by the brand of gas they are using? I am not real happy with my gas mileage right now -- averaging about 24 with 40% highway, 60% city and the dealer tells me that the two causes are the winter blend gasoline and also warned only to use...
Back