Search results

1. S

Dash Cam Installation -- How is everyone hiding their cables and wires?

I just installed one the other day and it really couldn't be easier. The headliner has plenty of room to tuck wires in, so just hide them in there until you get to the A pillar. Then guide the wire across the seam where the side airbag cover is until you get to the door frame. There is a rubber...
  2. S

Compatability between fiesta and our 2s.

Damn! It would be so fun though!
  3. S

Valves ticking?

Yup, the valvetrain sounds like a typewriter normally.
  4. S

What should I do to my M2?

Personally I'd go with the Racing Beat muffler instead of the HKS, since they put a lot of work into the acoustics, while the HKS just kind of sounds like a raspy Honda. I agree with the above that you can probably skip the front bracing and put that money towards a tune instead. The tune...
  5. S

Compatability between fiesta and our 2s.

Except the Fiesta ST engine and drivetrain. I'd love a crack at that.
  6. S

Mazda 2 Stock Exhaust Diameter

2" outer diameter according to Racing Beat when I asked them.
  7. S

MPG: The Secret to my Success.

Absolutely, you can find it here: http://corksport.com/corksport-mazda-2-short-ram-intake.html It really depends on how you drive, but I get 36mpg in the city if I'm careful, and 32 if I occasionally flog it. Now one thing I should mention is that you should be careful not to drive too slowly...
  8. S

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Not quite three years yet, but my battery is going dead. I have to press it like 5 times before it does anything.
  9. S

Ijen CAI for the Mazda 2

CAIs tend to lose low-end torque in return for high-end power. For a DD, it's not always the ideal choice as a result, as it can end up feeling slower than stock when driving around town. And of course, you also carry the risk of hydrolock. SRIs don't have long or convoluted piping, so they can...
  10. S

US style signal

All Canadian cars come with DRLs as they're mandated by law. I imagine there should be off-the-shelf parts to get it set up easily. The DRLs activate the headlights though and not the turn signals.
  11. S

I love our stock horn!

It definitely does mute the sound quite a bit. In any case, I think this summer I'm going to replace the stock horn with some Hellas. I've had a couple more close calls with idiots trying to run me off the road, and I could really use a way to let people know I mean business. The louder and...
  12. S

Mazda may expand its partnership with Toyota

IMO it's a waste of time, money, and resources. Hydrogen is created through electrolysis, which requires an large supply of electricity. This electricity would be better used to directly charge a battery pack in an electric vehicle. Otherwise, you have to source the original power (through coal...
  13. S

Stage 1 Clutch + Flywheel + LSD Options

ACT had a wide range of clutches for the 2, anything from a street disc to a 4 puck unsprung. By the looks of their website I'm not sure if they're making them anymore, but you can still find the kits from some third party retailers. What you're looking for is the "ZM9-HDSS" clutch.
  14. S

Got the summer tires on and reinstalled the rear torsion bar. No more understeer and squealing tires!
  15. S

Fixed another freaking vacuum leak. Noticed that my idle was low and rough as I was about to head home, and then got a CEL. Finally went back to OEM for one of the air temp hoses so that it stops breaking. I'll replace the other one once I have the time. She's back to running smooth again...
  16. S

Mazda2-based Scion iA revealed

There's been talk of a Mazda/Toyota collaboration for a while now, and the result has finally been revealed. The car will be manufactured by Mazda in Mexico, but sold wearing a Scion badge in its respective dealerships. Engine is a 1.5L Skyactiv with 106hp, mated to a 6-speed manual or an...
  17. S

Font Motorsports Secret Mazda2 Photo Stash

I would kill a man with my bare hands for that splitter.
  18. S

Mazda 2 Shift Boot Removal Question

When I do it, I use a flathead screwdriver to lightly pry near the corners closest to the dash. Then I can get a grip on the trim piece and just pull up. If you do it carefully, you shouldn't scratch anything. There's a more detailed set of instructions here...
  19. S

Short Shifter Install

I like the DDM shifter because aside from reduced throws, it feels completely stock. It's a nice way to tighten up shifts without sacrificing anything.
  20. S

Improve low RPM throttle lag and throttle linearity (quick and easily reversible)

Okay, I tried it again at the lowest moving RPM I could get, and I got a lag effect like what you showed in the video. At anything higher than idle, though, the response is almost instant (i.e. 0.37 seconds in my video above). I also decided to do a little more in-depth analysis of your...
Back