Search results

1. A

2021 CX-30 2.5 S. 2021 model year differences?

I will be looking towards the middle or end of 2021. I think the new Preferred trim now gives me everything I want. I still wish cooled seats were available, and a different color of blue.
  2. A

Heated rear view mirrors an option?

For the US version, its not listed in the brochure or online. Another forum says heated mirrors are not included on any trim level of the US CX-30, and I seem to recall a youtube reviewer saying the same thing.
  3. A

Poll What attracts you to the CX-30?

I am a 4 time Mazda owner returning to this site. My current car is not a Mazda, but I'm strongly considering the CX-30 for many reasons. Mazda quality and past ownership experience. Styling & interior design. Perceived refinement, and most reviews have said it is quiet (which older Mazdas...
  4. A

How to install a Blinking Fake alarm LED>??

I no longer own the car so I'm going off memory. I'm not sure that both wires associated with the fake alarm are shown in that pic. The "black square" you are referring to is a Add-A-Circuit fuse tap which I think is the power source for other projects- I added two extra 12V power ports, and I...
  5. A

FS: (Free) Protege CD Head Unit, and Cassette Unit (single DIN each)

Out of a 2000 Protege ES, recently sold. Were used up until Feb 14. I replaced head unit thinking it was dying because I only had one speaker. Turns out all my speakers were bad. Both units work fine and are cosmetically good. Available for pick up in either Alexandria VA, or Dover DE. Would...
  6. A

Head unit, DIN Pocket, phone mount solution

it doesn't slide from side to side. Its only fallen once, under hard acceleration.
  7. A

Not sure. 2nd generation I think.
  8. A

JVC CD-player with Bluetooth. Fairly straightforward installation. I took out my OEM headunit and cassette deck. The DIN pocket is from a Taurus. The color is the same, but the grain in slightly different than the other plastics, but no one would notice unless you told them. I devised a "mount"...
  9. A

installed an autodimming rear view mirror with compass

I recently did the same. Found a Homelink mirror from a Mazda6. Cost of mirror, and few quick connectors, and different size screw for the mount was <$20. Love it.
  10. A

FS: Variable Intermittent Wiper Switch(s), spray nozzles

Sold Update: All items sold. Thanks to all who bought. If you have a wish list, send me a PM. Will probably be going to the "automotive archaeological park" again in a month or two.
  11. A

fog light button cluster question

This is what I did for aux 12v power points I installed. They are black plastic rocker switches with LED indicator lights. I think I got from pep boys. I looked (online) at some rocker switches made for Jeep & 4x4's, but I could not confirm the fit. I tried a 12v rocker switch from a boating...
  12. A

Bump. 1 switch still available. DIN pocket available, see other listing.
  13. A

How-To: Install Mazda6 Wiper Switch Into Protege

Yes. You can also use switches from Escapes, Tributes, and MPV's.
  14. A

Wiper Switch, Variable Intermittent, WITHOUT Rear Wiper/Washer For Protege sedans, 99-03 Source: 1st Gen Mazda6 sedans (ALL SOLD) $25 ea, shipped Info Threads: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123740329-Swapping-wiper-stalk-to-intermittent-wipers...
  15. A

FS: OEM DIN Pocket

DIN Pocket This is plug & play for a 99 or 00 sedan where the dash was made to take two single-DIN units. Later sedans or P5's with double-DIN openings would require the “support bar” and screws which this does NOT include, but you might be able to fashion your own. This thread has info...
  16. A

FS: Variable Intermittent Wiper Switch

SOLD I will be at my pick-a-part sometime in the next couple weeks and if anything turns up I will grab them and post them. This switch was basically my cost + tax and shipping. I found a switch from a Mazda6 sedan, so put it in my Protege sedan since I don't need the rear wiper function.
  17. A

FS: Variable Intermittent Wiper Switch

Wiper switch from a Ford Escape. Used in my 2000 Protege for about a year. Works perfect. Rear wiper switch/washer is disabled if used in a sedan. Lots of threads about this easy mod, but some include...
  18. A

Original clear coat (I think) breaking down. Suggestions.

I have same car, same color, same problem in about the same place. Also a little bit starting to show on the roof. I tried compounding it, and overspraying it with clearcoat in a can, but that didn't turn out much different. Somebody else might make a better go of it. I have some turtle wax...
  19. A

Swapping wiper stalk to intermittent wipers?

Old thread, but a Tribute or Escape stalk will work. The rear wiper/washer part will just be non-functional. I have one. Get some squirt nozzles from a Tribute or Escape too, they're great.
Back