Search results

1. CX5-SO

2021 CX-5 Brake judder from the front

Last ditch effort, total fluid replacement.
  2. CX5-SO

Which OEM comparable brake pads? 2019 CX-5 NA

We went with the Bosch Quiet Cast Pads and Rotors on the Wife's 2013 and, damn, those are nice parts. Smoooooooth stuff. Would not hesitate for a moment going Bosch! Get a fluid replacement while you're there, it makes the change complete.
  3. CX5-SO

CX-5 Brake noise after replacing rotors and pads

Just for giggles, if you have not done so yet, bleed that caliper until it's full of clear new fluid and see if anything changes. The '13 the wife had, at 80k + I did new brakes all around and fully bled the system. I did not have to ask about it, the next day when she got home from work she...
  4. CX5-SO

2013~2016 Battery problem!

Very possible for a new batt. to be crap. That has happened to me twice before. Have you checked the terminals to be clean and tight tight?
  5. CX5-SO

Quick Introduction

Funny, the wife and I both had Escapes back in the day. A 2001 and a 2004. Went by GreyBoy on Escape-Central, if you were ever there. Welcome to a great community here!
  6. CX5-SO

Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

I did a drain and fill on the wife's 2013 last fall. I had the vehicle up and as level as I could possibly get it. I let it drain for 2 hours. I emptied the drained fluid into a leveled and known correctly marked container. The amount drained came to exactly center of the 4 litre (4.23 Qts)...
  7. CX5-SO

Dangerous cylinder deactivation trouble on 2018 CX-5 and Mazda6 models

I have a 3 legged (cancer took one) dog that can run around the yard as if she were still on all four!
  8. CX5-SO

Steering Wheel Vibration

Just something else to try that costs nothing, (if you can do your own work) to very little. Remove each wheel, one at a time and clean (wire brush) the mating surfaces, (back of the wheel and the brake rotor) so they mate evenly. When you put the wheel back on, wiggle it on until you feel the...
  9. CX5-SO

Popping sound from driver side front area

Sway bar end links?
  10. CX5-SO

slight shimmy

Could also be a sticky caliper slide pin. I had this happen once in life. Light braking and the sticky pin would not let the caliper move properly, heavier braking and the extra pressure would make it move as supposed to. Just a thought.
  11. CX5-SO

CX-5 Oil Change with Filter

Get the PE01-14-302A while you still can. I just recently got a dozen from an ebay seller.
  12. CX5-SO

Hmmm... we usally only get ~32,000 on a quarter tank.
  13. CX5-SO

New Rotors @ 38,000 miles

Check the slide pins. Recently the wife's CX-5 developed the brake-shake just out of the blue. I checked the fronts and one pin was stuck solid. I had to use vice grips on it to get it to spin/loosen and come out of the bracket. For some reason stuck/sticking pins seem to be an issue for...
  14. CX5-SO

Installation of OE brake pad (what's with the 2 types of grease provided?

In the service manual, the brake service section shows 2 types of grease used: anti rattle grease and rubber grease. The only one shown to be used with the pads is the anti rattle grease and the rubber grease is shown to be used only with the sliding pins.
  15. CX5-SO

Installation of OE brake pad (what's with the 2 types of grease provided?

One is for, 'anti-squeal/rattle' to be used on the backs and ears of the pads. The other is lube for the sliding pins. I have no idea which color is for what. I would assume that thickest would be for the pins?
  16. CX5-SO

New tire suggestions for 17" 2013 CX-5

The wife is about to hit 40k on her set of Firestone Destination LE. They have gotten her to work and back on snow and ice, are not tricky on wet roads, have great cornering (she drives like she's in a racecar) and simply great traction overall. They have been rotated once a year and are...
  17. CX5-SO

Our new CX 5

NICE! Congrats!!!
  18. CX5-SO

skyactiv auto 6 drain and fill in Pacific NorthWest

I just wish the pan used a proper full gasket and not gasket maker. I would be all in for filter changes with every drain/fill, but, I hate dealing with scraping and gasket making. I have ended up with too many leaks on jobs past.
  19. CX5-SO

Proper How-to's

Y'all totally missed it. The OP did post a How-To. How-To properly post a How-To in this section. And I agree with every word said.
Back