Search results

1. C

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hey how does the ordering process work?
  2. C

Tire upgrade options for 2022 CX-5 Signature

When upgrading wheels the first thought in my mind is "weight savings". 11lbs per corner is a major upgrade. I lost about 16lbs per corner on my Mazda6 resulting in better braking performance, less stress on braking system, less stress on engine when I accelerate. Also went 1 inch wider for...
  3. C

2019 CX-5 GT Front brake squeak in reverse only while backing out of garage

Don't forget to lube the caliper pins and burp the air out. People report it has minimal lube from the factory. Use rubber safe silicone grease for the pins to move freely. As far as the squeaking my personal experience is you've got embedded deposits on your rotors. Is your drive consisting...
  4. C

2.5T CX-5 Brake part replacement

Not all DOT 4 are made equal. I tried Walmart's DOT 4 Supertech stuff I believe. It was a waste of money. I'll take one for the team. As tempting as it is Do not do it LOL!!! The Pentosin Super DOT4 stuff advertises to resist water absorption. People with brake fluid water testing tools have...
  5. C

I see a bit of misinformation here. You can absolutely put DOT 4 in your CX-5. Its not about race cars lol. I think you got DOT 4 confused. No worries though. You're just trying to spread safety awarness. Fact: DOT 3 and DOT 4 CAN be mixed. Fact: DOT 3 and DOT 4 are for street cars. Fact: DOT...
  6. C

I believe PowerStop sells b-stock of those same rotors under the name Brakemotive on the "e" "bay" (slight blemishes on hats but otherwise the rotor surface is perfect and smooth). The Brakemotive kit combines b-stock PowerStop rotors (score!) but with their cheapest ceramic pads (inferior to...
  7. C

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Checked voltage and water level on CX-5 car battery. 12.6 volts. Water level is a bit over the plates. Good condition.
  8. C

Need help troubleshooting Keyless System Malfunction after disconnecting Fortin Evo-One

On a 2013 CX-5 with Fortin remote start installed. I was getting the Not Ready status via Torque Pro OBDII scanner app. Catalyst, O2, and something else. I can confirm that this would be cleared using the Mazda Drive cycle instructions. I can also confirm that the drive cycle information will...
  9. C

Two Arizona Nissan Dealers Fined $500,000 For False Advertising

What you're saying is correct. The dealership is supposed to make a deal advantageous to them (at the cost of the customer). However there's legal limits. Boundaries to such negotiations in the car business or any other business. What sucks is the dealerships know how to navigate on the...
  10. C

Two Arizona Nissan Dealers Fined $500,000 For False Advertising

A lot has to do with the English language barrier as well.
  11. C

Replace rear brake pads and Rotors @40,000 Miles?

Going by the official documentation is good to follow. The YouTube videos are sorta needed for newbies for more of a visual demo. You first NEED the knowledge from official documentation to verify if said YouTube video deviates from the process. 1. Time investment. You have to read the...
  12. C

Driving style question

I thought so? My wifes 2013 CX-5 is a 2.0 and I try to redline it a few times on the weekends in manual mode. It seems to rev more freely than my Mazda6 2.5 skyactive. The 2019+ miatas redline at 7000rpm. 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata ST – Compare Vehicle Specs and Trims | Mazda USA
  13. C

Correct, upon rotating my wheels I do the pad inspection. Since the wheel is off I can even bleed my brakes and add new brake fluid (done every 3-4 years). Another thing I like to do while I have access to the calipers is to actually test how well they slide. Apply new silicone grease to the...
  14. C

I eliminate external misinformation by checking the condition of the brakes myself. Its easy to do as long as you remove the wheel. There's window openings in the calipers to view the depth of the brake pads.
  15. C

Cranking Time

Having a cross section of opinions and experience are a good thing. Literally. I mean there's companies out there that would pay good money for such things.
  16. C

Cranking Time

I may not know everything about cars....but there's some technical 33rd degree, yoda master certified, cabin filter quantum engineers (including myself). We can change lives by changing one Cabin filter at a time!!
  17. C

Cranking Time

Perhaps the correct terminology I experienced was a "Hard Start"? If so then this is different from OP's cranking issue which went away on its own? I came across this article regarding Hard Start Symptoms: How To Tell If Fuel Injectors Are Clogged I actually experienced 2 of the 4 symptoms...
  18. C

Cranking Time

Its your fuel injectors. 100 miles before your next oil change, consider using a good fuel injector cleaner. I applied Berryman's B12 Chemtool to a whole tank of gas. Then I cleaned the intake valve with CRC Intake Cleaner. I'm in the same high mileage range as you. Result: Cranks stronger and...
  19. C

Cranking Time

It's more like a Teal Pill. Are you willing to state an inefficient fuel delivery system does not contribute to longer cranks? Dude its only a $5 can. Try it! Seriously. Ok take notice of your current car's crank time/sound/feel. Go through a can of the stuff to your tank. Its a strong...
  20. C

Cranking Time

Its your fuel injectors. 100 miles before your next oil change, consider using a good fuel injector cleaner. I applied Berryman's B12 Chemtool to a whole tank of gas. Then I cleaned the intake valve with CRC Intake Cleaner. I'm in the same high mileage range as you. Result: Cranks stronger and...
Back