Search results

1. G

Rough Ride

Had to take my 2015 Cx5 Touring in for some relatively minor body work. While waiting I have a rental 2023 Nissan Murano. A couple of thoughts on the Murano. Every bump, or tar strip that you hit is instantly transmitted to your butt. Now I thought that my CX5 was starting to ride rougher at...
  2. G

Fuel Mileage (2015 CX-5)

Went on a long trip recently, and turned over 100,000 miles. Oddly enough the mpg has increased after this. My traditional mileage on a 2013 CX5, and my current 2015 CX5 has always been around 30.0 on a highway with the air on. On this trip my MPG's for my last 5 fill ups have been, 32.7...
  3. G

Battery Replacement

Had to have battery replaced. Done by AAA. Tech assured me the only change would be loss of radio presets. WRONG. I lost express up/down on driver's window. This being a 2015 that was the only express window. Still goes up & down. Also the mpg indicator is kind of wacky, showing me...
  4. G

Key Battery

Anybody out there who replaces their Key battery after a specific period. Say, like every two years or so?
  5. G

Dealer Recommended Maintenance

I took my 2015 CX-5 Touring in for oil/filter/tire rotation. It has 62,908 miles. The dealer included a list of recommended services needed. I asked him if these were factory recommended services, his answer was, "yes". I hate being lied to, right to my face. What say you, people of the...
  6. G

How Far Can You Drive With Your Fuel Gauge on Empty

According to "Your Mechanic.com", 67 to 91 miles. This is on 2015's with no size engine listed, nor model. https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-far-can-you-drive-your-vehicle-on-empty-by-brady-klopfer
  7. G

Sound

So my wife was pulling out of the high school parking lot last week after picking up our 14 year old granddaughter Lizzie, and had to do it briskly due to on-coming traffic. Lizzie said, "Grandma this car doesn't look like it should sound like that". This from a girl whose father has a 2017...
  8. G

Clear Windshield Film

Has anyone here tried the new clear, front windshield film? If you have used it, any likes, or dislikes? I am on a medication which makes me very sensitive to sunshine. Plus us Vampires have to watch out for too much sun...
  9. G

Timing Chain

Apparently the CX-7 had problems with this issue, loss of timing chain with resulting damage to engine. I wonder how our CX-5 will be in that respect. https://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-7/2007/consumer-reviews/review-964804759/
  10. G

Stumbling Upon Acceleration

Sometimes when accelerating out of a slow rolling stop my 2015 CX-5 will fall flat like it is stalling. Let off the pedal, then pump it a couple of times, and it comes back on, a little too much. Has anybody had this, or something similar? There are 39,000 miles on it. The last service I had...
  11. G

A Countdown To The 2017 CX5 Unveiling

https://www.mazdausa.com/2017-cx-5-live-stream?intcmp=CRM20845&providertag=MazdaCRM&servicetag=CRM20845&t=1&CRMCID=0021050590&secmp=1-6I878K&setid=1-381464527&secid=0021050590&sesc=1-394467423
  12. G

A Very, Very Odd Comparison

One wonders who decided on this comparison of two very different vehicles. Two Elites Collide: The Mazda CX 5 Vs The Nissan Titan XD //clapway.com/2015/12/23/two-elites-collide-the-mazda-cx-5-vs-the-nissan-titan-xd/
  13. G

2016.5 Updates In Equipment And Prices

http://blog.caranddriver.com/half-time-update-2016-5-mazda-cx-5-gets-more-standard-content-new-pricing/
  14. G

Window Vent

These aftermarket plastic Side Window Deflectors that are put on the doors. Are they effective at ventilation? What about noise when the window is open? I don't mean really open, just an inch or two.
  15. G

Auto-Tune

When using the auto-tune feature to get a lineup of local stations they always are not in numerical order. All the other cars I have owned would be like, 88.9, 90.7, 99.7, 100.4, etc. Not this one, there is no rhyme or reason to the stations that are selected. Any thoughts out there...
  16. G

Radio Auto Memory

Why is it when I do the Auto Memory feature on my 2015 Touring to find local radio stations, it does not put the stations in numerical order. No other car I have owned ever did this, they were always in numerical order. Cheers, Paul S
  17. G

Alcohol Free Gas

Has anyone tried alcohol free gas yet? Did you note much of a difference in fuel economy, or performance? Thanks, Cheers
  18. G

New 2015 CX5

Got a new Touring on Monday 9/15. Turned in my 2013 Touring. Some thoughts. They have moved the advanced door locking system from the GT down to the Touring. Very handy. The shifter has done away with all the gates, it is now just a straight shot from Park back to Drive, with the manual off...
Back