Search results

1. B

Ethanol-free gas worth it?

I will likely be able to answer this question myself in a couple of weeks, as I plan to run a tank of the stuff and see if I notice a difference in performance and fuel economy, but I thought I'd get the community's opinion of the subject. Anyone here notice a difference between running E10 gas...
  2. B

Questions about sway bars

So, I posted in another thread that my CS rear torsion bar busted a weld. This seems to be a common issue for folks who have gotten this product. As I consider how to replace this I've got just a few questions: 1. Should I avoid the Corksport bar as faulty, or is this a problem that similar...
  3. B

Suspension noise after a corner

So, when I straighten out after taking a corner I often hear this popping or pinging noise. I'm not sure if it's the springs, sway bar, or something else. Is this a hurry and get it looked at before a wheel falls off situation, or is it more likely just a natural wear and tear no big deal thing?
  4. B

Cutting vents in hood?

So, me being a tight-wad and all, I'm kind of looking for a look (with some functionality, too) of the Seibon VS hood, but without the price. Also, I don't need a carbon fiber hood, and actually think I would prefer it painted, anyway. I'm just wondering whether you guys think that our stock...
  5. B

Why the forum name change

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, now. But why did the forum name change to "Running Gear"? Is this some kind of car slang for tires, or something? Because it sounds more like a place to talk about Nike and New Balance than Yokohama and Dunlop.
  6. B

My blue side lights are no more

My wife got pulled over on Saturday because of my blue side lights. She got a fix-it ticket, so I've swapped them out for ambers. Just curious if anyone has gone with white side lights and whether they've ever been pulled over for it (in the States, anyway, where we're technically required to...
  7. B

Changing instrument cluster LEDs

I was wanting to change from the red lighting in the instrument cluster and dash. Started with the instrument cluster last night. I ordered a bunch of 3528 sized LEDs in cool white and in blue. Took the cluster out and brought it down to the circuit board and got started. For the speedometer...
  8. B

Flood lights and new grill?

So, just wanted to throw out my idea for my next step. Since my high-beams were a bit of a disappointment I was thinking of moving forward with adding some LED flood lights in the grill. These are the lights I'm thinking of using: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUVPGFM/?tag=m20b7-20 My initial...
  9. B

Getting inside the fuse box

I'm working on getting my LED halos wired up cleanly as DRLs. I'll need to get inside the fuse box in the engine bay to do what I'm thinking. Specifically, I want to use one of the empty relay slots and an empty fuse slot to wire up the DRLs. So I need to get to the underside of the fuses and...
  10. B

BBD Headlight project

Hey, all. I posted some time ago that I purchased some JDM headlights to retrofit and put on my 2. With my recent wreck involving replacing a headlight I figured now would be as good a time as any to really start working this project. I don't have a whole lot of pictures yet (sorry), but I...
  11. B

Questions about end links

There was a thread awhile back where some folks were discussing the end links. Some were noticing suspension noises that went away after replacing the end links with some from Moog/Rasbestos/AC Delco. I think they're all the same part, really, and reportedly sturdier than stock. So, my...
  12. B

Sad

Poor little guy...
  13. B

ST Coilovers for under $600!?!?!

Is this legit? http://jeffstoyemporium.com/p/574598/ST%20Suspension%2090302%20Coilover%20Kit%20for%20Mazda%202,%20(Set%20of%204)-%252d%252d-1RO007NCRMSB98.html
  14. B

Need tire pressure advice

I'm going to be doing my first autocross on Saturday. I was just hoping to get some advice regarding tire pressures. I'm not sure if tire and wheel size make a difference, but I've got 205/50-15 Nitto Neogens on 7.5" wide rims. Stock suspension, but the wheels do have a small offset at +32.
  15. B

Plug and play LED headlights

We had a discussion going over in Font's build thread, so I thought perhaps it would be best to have a separate thread rather than threadjack Rodrigo's. The purpose of this thread is to discuss current options for plug and play led's. Primarily, I'm interested in options for headlights, though...
  16. B

What I look like vs what I feel like driving the 2

When I first joined the site I remember seeing somebody with a signature that showed one picture of a 2 with a smiley face drawn on it that said "What I look like driving my 2", and then another picture with an evil grin and wings loaded with missile drawn on that said "what I feel like driving...
  17. B

How to get your hands on some projector headlights

Okay, so awhile back I posted that I had ordered a projector headlight from the UK. Well, the seller never actually shipped it to me and I ended up getting a refund on that. I have, however, discovered that looking across the Pacific may be a better option. In Japan the big auction site is...
  18. B

Check out this wing!

Available in Japan. http://www.jauce.com/auction/j255588430
  19. B

Need help from someone near London

I'd like to bid on a headlight I saw on UK ebay, but it says that it is available for collection only. Would anyone here be willing to pick this up in London and then ship it to me in the US? I would, of course, reimburse for shipping expenses...
  20. B

Custom Redline Goods shift boot

I know I'm not the first to get one of these, but I wonder if I'm the first to actually get a custom one done instead of just the red stitched version. I ended up ordering a two-tone version (black and blue) and am very pleased with the product. While I was a little disappointed that the blue...
Back