Search results

1. B

Coilover Installation

Thanks! I guess I just didn't look far enough back.
  2. B

Coilover Installation

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anybody know torque specs for this job? I just got some second-hand k-sports and am about to swap them in.
  3. B

AN7's Mazda 2 1.5 Sport - Greece

Oh my gosh you're still here. Good to see your car is still with the living!
  4. B

Guide JDM Mazda2/Demio Headlight Upgrade

Very glad to see others doing this mod. I think Rodrigo Font may have been the first to do it from this board. Here is my thread (not as succinct and organized as your): https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123842668-BBD-Headlight-project
  5. B

*** Everyone with steering clunk - read this ***

Wait... telescoping?
  6. B

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Good job! I'm 4 years into a 5 year loan on mine. I got 0% interest, though, so I'm in no hurry to pay it off. Student loans first.
  7. B

Corksport Coilovers

That's a nice look. If I go with the CS springs I'll have to pick up the isolators, too. Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk
  8. B

Corksport Coilovers

So I take it that solution is working well for you? Could you post pics? Maybe even a before and after with the spring isolators?
  9. B

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

#WashWednesday A much needed bath. It's in the garage waiting for Rain-X and a wax, now.
  10. B

Interesting Mazda 2 Facts from the Interceptor

I didn't realize this combo worked! Any chance you could post some pictures?
  11. B

MPG: The Secret to my Success.

Yeah, just wheels, tires, and the intake. And I did notice a drop when I added the new wheels. But even before the wheel/tire change (and before the intake) I wasn't getting much better than the low to mid 30's. I guess I ultimately probably just need to admit that it doesn't matter all that...
  12. B

I don't think I've ever gotten better than 35 mpg, and that rarely. I've got to be doing something wrong.
  13. B

Lowering Springs and Adjustable Shocks/Struts or Coil-overs

jaysatz, the $540 price was for the dampers and springs combo. By themselves the springs are $200 and the dampers $400. When I checked shipping for me in Alabama it brought the total price to $600 for the combo. I think that's a big enough price difference from any coilovers out there to make...
  14. B

I've actually been a lot more conservative in my driving, trying to go easy on the gas pedal and minimize braking. I do need to check my tire pressure, but I've never had it hire than like 34 psi.
  15. B

Ethanol-free gas worth it?

You bring up another interesting discussion that might deserve it's own thread: gas brands. I've honestly never really taken the time to experiment along those lines, myself. Perhaps that's what I'll do instead of the sugar-free gas experiment. Now is a good time to do it while prices are...
  16. B

Good points, Traum. I intend to get a tune eventually, though car improvement isn't the highest on my free money priority list right now. Mine is one of those long, drawn out builds. That being said, I think I'm just going to fill up on regular sugar gas next go around. I starting to think a...
  17. B

Glad this topic popped back up. I did end up getting and installing the DDMWorks SRI back in December. So far I am seeing no appreciable increase in my MPG's. I'm maybe gaining 1-2, if that. Am I doing something wrong? Is gas in California magic? Or perhaps it's the air there?
  18. B

I will likely be able to answer this question myself in a couple of weeks, as I plan to run a tank of the stuff and see if I notice a difference in performance and fuel economy, but I thought I'd get the community's opinion of the subject. Anyone here notice a difference between running E10 gas...
  19. B

Mazda 2 STF Autocross Build

Try Discount Tire Direct, too. I got my 7.5" wide wheels there (Konig Lightspeed). There are a few other 15x7.5 options there from Konigh and Drag: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/filterWheelProducts.do?pgWheels=1&wd=15&rw=7.5&bp=4-100*9-100&counter=1&fl=&sortBy=prca&fqs=true
  20. B

Rear wiper spray

Yeah, that's what I figured, that our issue is a common one. Honestly, though, while it certainly doesn't perform great it does do the job. Just hold it long enough for the wiper to catch the fluid two or three times and you still manage to wipe away any grime within the reach of the wiper.
Back