Search results

1. R

Parking Brake Adjustment question (2013 CX-9)

They will adjust to the point of locking up so be careful. It's odd that you cannot just move the rotors without the wheel. They are way out of adjustment if you can spin the wheel freely. As suggested above have a look at engaging the parking brake and ensure all the parts move as appropriate...
  2. R

Parking Brake Adjustment question (2013 CX-9)

Adjust them out to contact the parking brake drum when you feel/hear a slight drag between the shoes and the drum. Once you get to that point you can either leave them at that setting or back off about 2 to 3 clicks.
  3. R

Sun Visor options for 2016 CX-9?

Given that it's such a unique part I suspect there will be no alternative solutions. There are 'add-on' visors clip to the existing visor and that may be the only option available.
  4. R

2007~2015 CX-9 Power seat will not move forward

Likely power is getting to the switch since the seat moves in other directions. Most likely narrows it down to the switch or motor. If you can, remove the connector at the forward/back motor and test for power at the connector when activating the switch. A test light should be sufficient for...
  5. R

2013 CX-9 Bose Speaker HU upgrades and questions

I have the original Bose setup and did a carplay retrofit from Crutchfield. Maybe you should do that simple part first and see how it's all working and then figure out what else you need to do based on the outcome. In my experience the more unknown variables you introduce at one time makes...
  6. R

2009 CX-9 Clicking noise

It could have a broken or missing tooth on the gears that will let it work with no resistance. You could also note the position of the door and move that manually through it's range and see if it travels freely. Based on what I have seen over the years my money is on the actuator needing...
  7. R

2009 CX-9 Clicking noise

Usually you can reach the actuators by dropping the glove box or removing the knee bolster on the drivers side. If you can isolate which side it's coming from that may help you figure out what to remove to gain access.
  8. R

Rear parking sensor pushed in

I am pretty sure you need to get behind that and see what clips on the retainer have broken. If you look in that hole there are tabs that hold that sensor in place and at least one is broken.
  9. R

2010 Mazda3S - water leak? Found moisture in spare tire well

There is a seal under the antenna. Given it was all fine til that incident I think you have your answer.
  10. R

Has anyone been able to cancel the "scam" prepaid maintenance from the dealer?

Skip the dealership and go straight to Mazda Financial - call then write that you want it cancelled and refunded.
  11. R

2014 CX-9 4WD Light flashing...Any ideas?

Over that 190K have you serviced the PTU? Just checking as that's a long time to go on that unit. I have also heard of a connector at the rear diff that can get corroded and cause issues. Not a mechanical issue but electrical at the rear diff. It was a while back when i read about that but if...
  12. R

CarPlay retrofit - 2012 CX-9

That looks like just about the same setup I purchased from the other vendor. It's been a while but they look very familiar and my setup was plug and play with the existing harness'. As mentioned the only issue I had was they had not patched in the camera activation but we figured that out and I...
  13. R

Mazda start electric plug needed? 2012 CX-9

If that connector is actually used then you need to get a matching unit. If you can, bring the old starter with you to the store and ensure that the part you get is an exact match. If you don't you could be going to a lot of trouble to find out that the vehicle won't start.
  14. R

Greetings from Michigan

Check your oil. Does it look 'milky'? If so the leak is internal to the engine.
  15. R

Greetings from Michigan

Those pictures are pretty tight so it's hard to tell if the coolant is coming from higher up. If the leak is on one side of the radiator is the hose on that side leaking. It could also be the radiator end-cap leaking. Most modern radiators are plastic ends with metal fins and the connections...
  16. R

Greetings from Michigan

Well best to find out or you could be facing a repair bill on your own. Only you can decide if it's worth a few hours of your time to take it up with them first.
  17. R

Greetings from Michigan

Good to know your not in that group with the issue. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix and that they do the right thing on the repair. If they won't then a reputable shop should be able to fix you up.
  18. R

Greetings from Michigan

If there is any kind of return policy for that vehicle I'd get it done ASAP. I have not been following too closely with regard to the exact years that have the infamous head gasket leak but you may have that problem. It's at the back of the block so would not be that noticeable search this forum...
  19. R

Why is my interior fogging up? (2020 CX-9)

Also, make sure you're not in recirculate mode and taking in fresh air from outside.
  20. R

2007~2015 Changing CX-9 transfer case gear oil (photos)

I am almost sure the last use of the Ford transfer case was 2015 when Mazda went off on their own.If your transfer case is calling for transmission fluid then it's pretty much a lock that you have zero Ford components. With that said I hope they gave you separate drain and fill plugs, unlike...
Back