Search results

1. K

Can the NAVTEQ Nav Color Themes be edited?

Back when I bought my 2013 CX-5, I found a PC application that let me edit the color themes of the TomTom nav unit. It was great, as I could edit out all the fluff like parks and railroads, change the road colors to something more meaningful to myself, and so on. Are there any similar PC tools...
  2. K

So now we have two CX-5s!

So after loving my '13 Touring/Tech for the last four+ years, it came time to trade in our other car and get... a shiny new '16.5 GT/Tech/iActive. Can't give a much better endorsement than buying a second CX-5 ;) I know, I know, the 17s are due out in late spring, but we didn't want to wait...
  3. K

Touring with Tech Package no longer available?

Did Mazda stop making CX-5 Tourings with the Tech Package? I can't seem to find any listed in the Mazda site inventory, either in my area (north of Philadelphia) or even in some random area searches like Los Angeles. Maybe they ran out of inventory and are building no more until the 2017s are out?
  4. K

Rusting Hatch Damper Bolts?

Anyone else's hatch damper connection bolts rusting? This is the bolt/joint connecting the hatch damper to the hatch itself. I just noticed that my 3-year-old, 33,000 mile 2013 Touring's look rusted. All other bolts/nuts in the hatch area look fine. Just those two connection points look rusted...
  5. K

How long did your brake pads last?

How long did your front and rear brake pads last? Just curious what the average experience is, and what to expect. My rear pads were just replaced at 33,000 miles (worn to the point of squealing when backing up), which seems early to me. I showed them the TSB about the rears binding and causing...
  6. K

Nut came loose from overhead panel?

A nut (see attachment) came loose somewhere above my 2013 Touring's plastic overhead panel (where the overhead light switches, sunroof switch, sunglasses container, etc. are). It was rolling around and rattling above the panel, so I bumped the panel with my hand and eventually got it to roll out...
  7. K

How to adjust TomTom voice volume?

I'm probably going to feel really silly missing something obvious, but how do I change (increase) the volume of the Tom Tom turn-by-turn voice guidance? You know, the "Left turn ahead" kind of prompts? I've seen options for changing the Tom Tom voice selection and options in BlueTooth Setup...
  8. K

Has anyone diagnosed a rattle near the glovebox?

2013 Touring AWD. I have a nasty rattle from somewhere near the glovebox. It sounds like it's inside the dash, behind the glovebox somewhere - but you know how misleading rattles can be. Might even be a trim piece rubbing between the glovebox and console, or above the glovebox. Happens whether...
  9. K

Erroneous low tire pressure warning?

The low tire pressure warning light (and beep) popped on the other morning on my 2013 CX-5 Touring. I stopped and checked all four tires, and all were 32.0 or 32.5 psi. I reset the warning, and it hasn't come back in the days since then. Has that happened to anyone else? It happened about 2...
  10. K

Motor Trend Sport/Utility of the Year Contender: 2013 Mazda CX-5

http://wot.motortrend.com/2013-motor-trend-sport-utility-of-the-year-contender-2013-mazda-cx-5-272459.html Let 'em know how much you love your CX-5! :) EDIT: You can also comment on their FaceBook page at: https://www.facebook.com/motortrendmag (scroll down)
  11. K

Window Rattle?

Anyone else's window rattle? My driver's side window rattles on bumpy roads, but only if partly open. It's fine when rolled up all the way, but if open even an inch it sounds like it's rattling within the frame when on rougher roads. If I hold on to the top edge of the window or jam my fingers...
  12. K

Which TomTom Map Colors do you use?

So just curious... which day and night Map Colors (themes) do you prefer for your TomTom?
  13. K

New owner obligatory review :)

Purchased my Metro Gray AWD Touring Tech saturday and couldn't be more pleased: Commuting to work is seeing 34.8 mpg. That's just astonishing for a 3,400 pound AWD trucklette, lol. First I gotta say this "underpowered" thing reviews mention is crazy. I held off buying one so long because I...
  14. K

Range on a tank?

How many miles do you typically go before needing to fill up again? I realize some people wait for the light to come on, while others fill up at 1/4 tank, but just curious what I could expect on average?
  15. K

High-Speed Stability?

I occasionally take road trips where I cruise along at 72 mph or so for hours at a time. Is it easy to maintain speeds like that in 6th gear on flat ground? Does it sound like it's struggling? Is it easy to stay within one's lane at speed, or do you find that light crosswinds make things...
  16. K

How well do the rain-sensing wipers work?

I've never had rain-sensing wipers before, and I'm not sure how well they work? I think I read they REPLACE the usual Intermittant setting.... true? Do you find that you miss the Intermittant option, or does the rain-sensing work well enough? How sensitive is it?
  17. K

Screen functions on Sport trim?

I see the BLUETOOTH AUDIO PACKAGE includes a 5.8" Color Monitor when building a Sport trim. But what does the monitor actually do on the Sport Trim? Does that include the Backup Camera and/or the various user-preference functions for lighting, etc.?
  18. K

Gauge Light Color?

What color are the lighted gauges (tach, speedometer, etc.) at night? They looked white to me (though I've only seen them in daylight), but I read an article which said they were lighted blue... ?
  19. K

Do the leather seats get hot?

For those of your with leather seats, do they get unbearably hot in the sun? Is it an inconvenience in summer months? I was planning on getting the Touring trim as I prefer cloth seats, but I like that passive keyless entry option badly enough to consider the Grand Touring... ;)
  20. K

How fragile is the carpet?

I've read a number of people mention that the carpeting looks thin or "cheap," so I'm curious if any of you have experienced actual problems because of that? Tearing, pulling up, abnormal wear, etc.? Is it thin throughout the vehicle, or just a few areas?
Back