Search results

1. J

Installation of OE brake pad (what's with the 2 types of grease provided?

Opened up my brake pads and saw there was a black and brown color grease, the instructions are kinda vague regarding usage can someone kindly clarify where each grease is to be used?? Thanks
  2. J

Best site to buy OEM parts online?

Anyone have a favorite place that they buy their OEM parts from? I am looking to replace my brake pads. Thanks!
  3. J

Dealer overfilled oil

In the past I have not had any issues with the oil levels however today being a bit warmer I was able to check the level for the first time since my last change less than a month ago. I am about 1/4 " above the top hole on the dipstick. I am going back on Friday for them to check out...
  4. J

Mazda Care Warranty Pricing

For those who purchased an extended warranty from their Mazda dealer how do these prices compare? 7 years with $100 deductible $1437 + Tax 6 years with $100 deductible $1359 + Tax Im about 200 miles shy of 36k on my '13 CX-5, I'm wondering if its worth the peace of mind to get an extended...
  5. J

Problems tapping power off fuse box

I been trying to hard wire my dash cam using power from the fuse box. Specifically I am taping off the 3rd fuse from the top which is meant for the rear power outlet. I plugged in a fused (2amp) mini ATC wire and have it spliced into a 12v DC converter to USB. With the ignition turned on, I...
  6. J

Installing A Dash Cam

There have been 1-2 people I have spoken to online about installing a dash cam. Just wondering if anyone else can chime in on : dash cam model used, installation tips, and or placement. For those of you who wonder what its good for , check out youtube and type in "russian dash cam". Thanks!
  7. J

Glove Compartment - adding lights?

I find it annoying that my glove compartment has no lights in there. Anyone have ideas as to what the best way to get some lighting in there? I am guessing some LED hooked in to a 12v source in the fuse box?
  8. J

My CX-5 UOA (Used Oil Analysis)

Since I purchased the car I've been using on Mazda Synthetic 0W20 with Moly. Results look pretty good!
  9. J

Group Buy: Hitch mounted rear bumper protectors

Hi folks, Since I recently installed a trailer hitch on my CX5 I am now unable to get one of those full bumper/push bars. For those that live in urban areas where parking is tight, this might be the best product to use. I also noticed this product also has shock absorbing properties which...
  10. J

Simplify the Installing of your Trailer Hitch - Exhaust Hanger Tool

I purchased a exhaust hangar removal tool from another member on this forum. It greatly helped reduce the amount of time and effort to remove/install my trailer hitch. Since my Curt trailer is installed I have no need for it. however if someone else is interested i'm putting it up for...
  11. J

Anyone have the Lamin-X headlight/foglight protection kit?

Thinking of buying a pair but would like opinions from anyone who has already installed it and can comment on the installation/quality of the kit. http://www.lamin-x.com/Mazda-CX-5-13-Headlight-Covers-p/m025.htm Thanks!
  12. J

Anyone have the OEM front bra?

Just wanted to know if anyone has purchased the factory front bra. I'm going on a road trip in 2 weeks and would like to get one before I leave. Let me know if you have one and how its like. Also, advice on best/cheapest place to get them from would be much appreciated?
  13. J

SiriusXM Radio free?

Brought my '13 CX-5 last May. Didn't bother to active till today when I got something in the mail about a 6 month membership for $25.00 I said I wanted to try it for free first but was told by Sirius that they don't see the 3 month free promotion on their system and that I should call my...
  14. J

Looking for Silicone Key FOB Covers

I have tech package key so does anyone have an ebay seller link or can recommend a silicone or leather key fob cover? I looked on E-bay and all of them are for CX-7 or CX-9. Their keys look similar but not sure if it would fit perfectly. Thanks in advance.
  15. J

Headlight Protectors (Lamin-X?) available?

Anyone seen a kit that would fit our headlights? Would be great as I don't want to get any rock chips on it over time....
  16. J

NorthEast US owners: Have they switched to winter blends? My MPG's have gone down.

Not sure what is causing my MPG to start going down (see my Fuelly link below) but since the beginning of Nov, my MPG rating have gone down about 2-3Mpg. Granted I have started carpooling (I have 2 extra passengers on my car now) but it shouldn't kill the MPG's by that much should it? The...
  17. J

Radio Brightness on GT : Lights do not seem to dim on auto setting

After owning my GT for 5 months I just realized that despite having my brightness setting set to "auto" my in-dash screen does not dim at all. Is this because the auto headlight on is switched to the on position? In normal cars the in-dash lights dim once you flip on the headlights.
  18. J

TriState NY owner - First experience driving thru snow on stock 19" Toyo's

There was a nor'easter yesterday and I got a chance to see how the stock all season tires handles in the slush/snow. I started driving about 4 hours into the storm thru some unplowed streets. On the highways (driving straight of course) I didn't have much issues with traction only except...
  19. J

FS: Full Yakima Roof system with 3 bike trays

This is the perfect kit to start the bike season with! Complete system that carries 3 bikes and 3 spare wheel forks. Kit includes: Yakima Q-Towers with 48" Crossbars Yakima 44" Fairing/Wind deflector. Yakima SKS core locks to secure your rack to your roof Yakima Q-103 fit clips Yakima 2x...
  20. J

TomTom GPS Map Update: is it too late?

[No message]
Back