Search results

1. J

OBDII Readers & Apps.....what do you use?

bumping this can you folks send a link of the specific OBDII readers you are using? there are quite a few on Amazon just wanted to know which one everyone prefers. Thanks!
  2. J

Brake job - recommend a good bleeding kit/pump

Did you depressed the brake pedal to get the oil out?
  3. J

Brake job - recommend a good bleeding kit/pump

Has anyone used a Motive pressure bleeder? i used it in the past of VW Jetta with great results but I need to get a new adaptor kit so that it can fit over the Mazda's brake reservoir. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KM5L0/?tag=m20b7-20
  4. J

Installation of OE brake pad (what's with the 2 types of grease provided?

Opened up my brake pads and saw there was a black and brown color grease, the instructions are kinda vague regarding usage can someone kindly clarify where each grease is to be used?? Thanks
  5. J

Best site to buy OEM parts online?

Since I won't be replacing the brake pads anytime soon (5k miles/year) I may as well replace the rotors. Raysbestors rotors for $160 shipped from Amazon!
  6. J

Thanks all for the tips, I ended up going with parts.com and got the front/rear pads for about $63 and $52 respectively. I also picked up an OEM air filter/AC filter as well. Total out the door about $161. The differences in price between OEM and OEM-like products wasn't that great so I...
  7. J

thanks!!!
  8. J

I am not beholden to OEM pads, I guess my only concern was that I didn't want to be worried about aftermarket pads eating up my rotors. Do you know if the factory pads are ceramic or organic based pads?
  9. J

Anyone have a favorite place that they buy their OEM parts from? I am looking to replace my brake pads. Thanks!
  10. J

Michelin Premier LTX 225/55/19 in stores this June!!!

I personally would get the Michellin's if they became available at Costco. Tread rating aside, the free rotations , road hazard wararnty, and nitro refills make a Costco purchase more value added for me. If they had the Conti's i would get those for sure but no dealer around me offers the...
  11. J

Dealer overfilled oil

Well this past weekend I was able to siphon off about 1/2 quart of oil. I took a picture of it just as proof so that when I go back from my next oil change I can point that out to them. I don't think 1/2 quart will do too much damage but than again its this kind of stuff that makes me leery...
  12. J

Dealer overfilled oil

Certainly a valid point, I have a good relationship with the service guy and I would hope they own up to us. But you are right they can deny it was them ( which I would be very disappointed) and say I did it. maybe I'll just suck it out myself and next time check the level when I get the...
  13. J

Dealer overfilled oil

I checked the level about 10 minutes after driving into work. I have a vacuum pump that I can easily suck some of the oil out of but I want the dealer to document that they had overfilled it so in the event of some engine related issue I can have evidence that at one point in time the oil...
  14. J

Dealer overfilled oil

In the past I have not had any issues with the oil levels however today being a bit warmer I was able to check the level for the first time since my last change less than a month ago. I am about 1/4 " above the top hole on the dipstick. I am going back on Friday for them to check out...
  15. J

Mazda Care Warranty Pricing

Good point my biggest concern is the drivetrain which is indeed covered by the 5yr/60k warranty.
  16. J

Yea I agree I came from a Jetta that had nothing but problems so I guess the paranoia of potential problems has made me want to get an extended warranty. BTW: I used to have a S2K as well ('02 Sebring Silver) God I missed that car...
  17. J

For those who purchased an extended warranty from their Mazda dealer how do these prices compare? 7 years with $100 deductible $1437 + Tax 6 years with $100 deductible $1359 + Tax Im about 200 miles shy of 36k on my '13 CX-5, I'm wondering if its worth the peace of mind to get an extended...
  18. J

Problems tapping power off fuse box

First off - thanks for all the feedback fella's! Will be tackling this issue tomorrow once I get my weekend chores done and the wife allows me. Second: Sterling: I am taping the fuse from 3 (similar to where JonW has his tapped). I am thinking the metal screw to the left of the fuse box is...
  19. J

Yea I tapped off the ground using the 10mm bolt that is holding the fuse box assembly together. I'll double check my fuses to make sure its not the cause of my problems. What capacity fuses are you guys using? I have 2amp that should have been plenty enough for a tiny dash cam....
  20. J

Did you mini-atc fuse adaptor fit snuggley into the fuse slot? I'm not sure if its that or maybe the fact that I am only using a 2amp fuse that is causing the problem. Weird thing is if I connected straight to the battery it works fine. Also what did you use as a ground? the little screw on...
Back