Search results

1. K

Want a Manual Transmission? Hope you like Silver, Grey, and Black...

Shouldn't be too much trouble to find somebody to buy a brand new car for you and sell it to you the very next day (or a week) after he/she gets the title.
  2. K

hitch mounted bicycle racks

Thule T2? I love it and they make class I version. It's not the lightest, but even with two bikes you are well below 200lbs limit.
  3. K

Tire upgrade

How about Yokohama Parada Spec-X? I see it has even better ratings there than Avid.
  4. K

Blue Engine Coolant Light

My dealer mentioned that heating doesn't work when the light is still blue. Didn't have a chance to check it out yet, will report back in 7-8 months :-)
  5. K

Different looking bumper

those LED lights are available in Europe as accessory. See here: http://phwt.mazda.co.uk/xx/en/CX5/8/AccessoryDetails/f1cf0da1-68f9-431f-9740-0d995f37f0b3
  6. K

Power draw

I don't know how remote is remote enough but I keep my key on a hook in the garage which is about 5ft from driver's door (and about 2.5ft from front left headlight) and have completely no issue with car battery after a month of use.
  7. K

Silly question maybe, but why is it called the 2013 model and not 2012 in the USA

The system was designed years ago to prevent massive loss of business around Christmas. Despite being big shopping season people did not (and in many countries still don't) buy cars in november and December to avoid having 'last year model' just after a month of so of ownership. So in US all...
  8. K

Question for current owners

Now that you've mentioned it I've started looking closely and yes, the driver mirror glass vibrates very slightly above ~55mph. The passenger glass starts vibrating around 65mph and much less than the left one. I'm quite sure it's air induced and the right one vibrates less because it sits at...
  9. K

New Metro Gray Grand Touring CX-5 w/ tech package

A liked the red one but was warned by several friends to not buy red as it's real cop bait. That and my wife prefers gray, so Metro Gray it is :-)
  10. K

Still waiting for my CX-5

I've waited 3 days for mine. Push your dealer - dealers are supposed to exchange cars between themselves - if there is one in your specs within 300-500 miles radius he should be able to get it to you within few days. Unless you insist on having factory plastic wrapped one - then you have to wait...
  11. K

Question for current owners

I played with my read doors a little bit last evening and I feel no binding. Unless you are talking about those internal stops allowing you to have door partially open and stay in that position?
  12. K

Why isn't Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) offered on US models?

US version do not have Lane Departure Warning at all. All we have is blind spot monitoring in Touring and GT.
  13. K

U.S. Diesel?

Read te second comment and his answer. He clearly says yep to 'to australia?'
  14. K

Heads up - what is wrong with this picture?

? That's what I saw this morning when I was walking around and had a chance to look at our CX-5 from lower angle. Noticed something? Quick check 5 sec. later revealed that all four wheels were severely overinflated - 42psi! One would have thought that tire pressure is one of the things that...
  15. K

Test drive Concerns for CX-5

Two notes here: 1. In ours the engine noise went down considerably over the first 300 miles or so. 2. You can expect elevated rattle from all directly injected gas engines. Having said so I do not feel like I'm driving cheap car. I feel like I'm driving underpowered car (or rather car with too...
  16. K

Keyless start - what is the point?

Your experience exactly mimics mine - I too have trouble keeping the fob consistently in one place during ride (same here - either pocket or cup holder). My wife though figured out her own way to deal with it: 1. She unlocks the doors with key fob and puts it immediately back in her hand bag. 2...
  17. K

Xenon colour?

I've read somewhere that all factory xenons are 4300K
  18. K

Quick pic/review of my Sky Blue CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech package

Well, you not always can push hard from the start, especially when you're turning. Like when you have to turn left on the traffic lights to take the ramp onto the interstate. I usually accelerate to 15-20mph and only after I'm straight on the ramp I push it to the floor. But I found a solution -...
  19. K

Quick pic/review of my Sky Blue CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech package

I also think CX-5 has enough power. What it lacks is low rpm torque. The engine just doesn't pull below 2500rpm. That plus the fact that transmission is '6th gear happy' for fuel saving purposes means that many times you feel like hesitation in acceleration before it actually drops a gear and...
  20. K

lumbar support versus privacy glass

You are forgetting about one thing of the privacy glass - the privacy aspect. Too many people trying to look inside my car trying to figure out what did I left there. Sometimes there is no other way around as to leave something (more or less) valuable or otherwise unsettling in the car that I...
Back