Search results

1. I

Ski trip....

Hi All, Ended up taking the diesel on a road trip to go skiing a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely brilliant car for the trip. Fuel Economy The fuel economy for the trip was about 36mpg, with most of the trip being a fuel hungry 120km/h (75mph). With the diesel though, this speed is at a very...
  2. I

Australian Sales - Record highs

Not exactly the same scale as the US, but worth sharing news on excellent Mazda CX-5 sales in Australia. Firstly, the Mazda 3 was the highest selling vehicle in 2011, and has continued to be the highest selling vehicle this year. It replaces a car that held the record for 18 years - the locally...
  3. I

Mazda To Debut SKYACTIV Diesel Engine In 2013 GRAND-AM GX Series

See: Mazda To Debut SKYACTIV Diesel Engine In 2013 GRAND-AM GX Series Mazda appears to have more faith in the new Skyactiv-D engine in US racing circles than they do in getting North American CX-5 sales from it. "We've won with rotary technology, and now we're looking to again put our...
  4. I

CX-5 - European crash test best in class - EuroNCAP2012 results released

The EuroNCAP results have been released. The European crash testing is the most stringent in the world, and requires good crash testing in additional to comprehensive safety measures, and decent pedestrian safety to get excellent results. The European model is considered to be the world...
  5. I

Wheels Magazine (AUS) - 11 SUV Mega Test

Just received my latest Wheels Magazine subscription and noted an 11 Compact SUV megatest. Their early review of the CX-5 was not complementary. The review was on the basis of the petrol engine (diesel not available at release). Wheels are a magazine I trust mainly on the basis they are very...
  6. I

Mazda moves into 2nd position - Australia

Mazda has moved into 2nd position in sales in Australia for April. This the highest position for a pure importer in Australia. Mazda has outsold both Holden (GM) and Ford - an amazing feat. To add to this, Mazda 3 has been the highest selling vehicle in Australia for quite sometime, being the...
  7. I

Figuring out alarm....

I had the Mazda alarm installed recently. It's a Mazda part and is integrated with the keyless entry system in the GT. Wondering if anyone else has the system. Typically I have the keyless entry system set to auto lock as I walk away from the vehicle. This emits one beep for a lock, and is...
  8. I

i-DM must be somewhere in the computer

I stumbled across this when looking at photos of my display. Look carefully at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/glennstewart/7050616983/in/photostream You'll notice the i-DM feature exists in the display. This feature is available in Japanese spec cars only and provides signals to the driver to...
  9. I

Videos showing optional extras

Thought I would post a couple of videos showing a few optional features: Lane Departure Warning System: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTxGkloc-Q Bi-Xenon with AFS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exjlNvGhwaY i-Stop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47Q2ZpCSK0...
  10. I

3M Venture Shield

Just put my CX-5 in to have 3M Venture Shield installed. Looking forward to seeing results. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/Products/VentureShield/ Anyone else had this installed or interested in results? Having it installed by...
  11. I

CX-5 Photos - Share your shots with us!

Hi All, Thought it might be handy to have a thread to share photos of your new purchases. I don't have mine yet, but spotted some uploads from a fellow Australian on Flickr. These shots were taken of the really nice white in Melbourne...
  12. I

Coming soon.... my diesel

Hi All, Finally! After all my posts my Black Mica Diesel CX-5 GT is coming soon. Manufactured: 28/02/12 Left Hiroshima: 09/03/12 Left Japan: 12/03/12 Arrived Australia: 19/03/12 Arrived Sydney: 25/03/12 Arrived at Dealer: 27/03/12 Now just to pick it up..... soon.... Report to come :)
  13. I

Xenon colour?

Hi All, Does anyone have any photos of the Xenon headlights in action (of the light and what the view looks like with the xenon's on low & high). Anyone know roughly what colour (Kelvin) they are?
  14. I

First drive of the Diesel - Review and Photos/Videos

Hi All, About six weeks ago, I put a deposit down on a Diesel CX-5 having never seen a single CX-5 in Australia. I was looking forward to my order: a Black Mica Diesel GT. An additional wait was required because the diesels were going to be released a month after the petrol models. Order...
  15. I

CX-5 Production - The mystery of where....

Hi All, I've read a lot of media articles that continue to refer to the CX-5 as being manufactured in Hofu instead of Hiroshima (Ujina Plants 1 & 2). I've been through Hiroshima more times than I can count, and I'm very famililar with the factory. It's been a while since being back there...
  16. I

Finally... and Australia review of the Diesel

The Diesel model was released today "Down Under". The first media review has become available. Although I'll be sure to post my opinion when I test drive (hopefully in the next few days). http://www.caradvice.com.au/164145/mazda-cx-5-diesel-review/ By the way....don't eat food while looking at...
  17. I

Post CX-5 Reviews...

Hi All, Still awaiting my CX-5, as many of you would be. I thought in the meantime, I'd post reviews I've noted and was hoping if there are good ones out there, you could also post to this thread. Here goes: The Age (Newspaper, Melbourne, Australia). Tiguan vs CX-5...
  18. I

SD slot in the CX-5?

Two very quick questions that I know someone out there will be able to find out (as I can see from replies, this is among the most well informed of all Mazda forums on the net)... Near the door on the driver side on the higher end models is an SD slot. Does anyone know what this is? Secondly...
Back