Search results

1. T

New Mazda2 Owner with Questions

So back in the Mazda Family again after selling our ‘15 Mazda 6. When going over small bumps with both front tires at the same time I’m getting a clunk and rattle like something in the front end is loose. Can’t figure it out. While stopped and steering slightly left and right all is tight...
  2. T

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ initial impressions

Wife had some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ put on her Sport recently. Stock size, V rated. Original Yokohama Advans hit 30k miles when they hit the wear bars, and started to make some noise, too. To those not familiar with this tire it's a refresh of the original A/S 3 with improved winter/snow...
  3. T

Adding rear vents to 14-15?

Anyone here swap in what's needed into a sport to have rear ac vents? I'd like to know what's needed and what's under the center console.
  4. T

2015 LED License Plate Light Fail

Had some extra Phillips LEDS so I decided to swap out the license plate lights. Looks great from behind, but they're too bright for the backup camera. Might fab up some shielding for the bulb to correct.
  5. T

2014+ aftermarket led drls?

So, who here has bought and installed a set of the led drls online that use the fog light housing? There are so many brands out there I'd like to hear what you bought and the perceived quality. I don't need them to flash orange, but I do want them to dim with the headlights on and dim or even...
  6. T

CX9 no show at Twin Cities Auto Show?

Stopped into the Twin Cities Auto Show in Minneapolis today. I was shocked and saddened that the new CX9 was absent. Anyone else hit this show? Several brands were not there as well. Surprised by this after attending the Chicago and Detroit shows for years. Unless I missed it somehow, shame on...
  7. T

Adding Commander Knob to '15 Sport?

Has anyone tried to add the commander knob to their Sport? The Touring of the same year appears to use the same head unit. I am wondering if the wiring is in the center console already or not. Anyone know?
  8. T

Tallest tire that fits without rubbing?

Getting off the plane today and having to clear snow from the MZ5 got me thinking snow tires are needed soon. Was looking to see if anyone has run anything taller on their MZ5 and if so, what size and did it rub? My last winter car I went one size narrower and taller and it was great. Would...
  9. T

'15 Sport long distance driving impressions.

Just drove our '15 Sport Auto 1800 miles. 4 passengers, full trunk of luggage, 80F with A/C on over varied terrain. Some observations in no particular order: Cruising 75+ MPH we averaged an indicated 36.1 mpg including stops for fuel, food, hotel, etc. Pretty shocked by this. Cruising range is...
  10. T

New to this section.

Hey all. Thought I would pop in over here as I am usually browsing the Mazda 5 section. We are a 2 Mazda family now, with the current '12 Mazda 5 Touring and now a '15 Mazda 6 Sport: Looked at quite a few other cars in the last 24 hours (Accord, CRV, Fusion, Escape, Soul, Mazda 3 and CX5) and...
  11. T

Any 2012+ wear out struts/shocks yet?

Curious if anyone here with a GEN2 MZ5 has needed a strut/shock replacement yet. We are at 55k miles and the rear shocks are noticeably soft now. Reminds me of my old Caddy DeVille. I followed along and watched the car over bumps and there's definitely a lot of movement, but not so bad as to see...
  12. T

Tire Rack Closing out Hankooks

Great price, this tire gets good reviews on other forums: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=05YR7K110XL&tab=Sizes Go to "other tire sizes" to check out availability and prices. Almost half the price of what I...
  13. T

MZ5 hail damage questions.

MZ5 got caught in a bad storm yesterday. No glass broken, but all metal panels except hatch have damage, passenger side being worst. Since it was parked next to a van, the hail bounced off of that and took out the driver's side too, but not as bad. I am not interested in having the panels...
  14. T

Anyone running airbags in the rear coils?

Our MZ5 is spending a lot of time at or near the weight limits of the vehicle. A lot more sag in the rear than the front. Does anyone have any experience with this kit: http://www.etrailer.com/susp-2012_Mazda_5.htm I am looking to add this to our MZ5 if we do not get a new vehicle for the...
  15. T

2012+ rear alignment and tire wear.

Gassing up the car today I noticed the rear camber seems to be more excessively negative than before, and not matched side-to-side from driver's side to passenger side. Here are some pics: The original Toyos were dead at 30k miles, due to extreme inside tire edge wear and cupping. I have...
  16. T

2014 Mazda 5 (Euro) Vid

I thought this was interesting compared to the Mazda 5 in NA. On the outside it looks like a Sport with T/GT wheels in a different finish (Dunlops instead of crappy Toyos) with black center caps, nice factory tinted windows, a backup camera, and black side view mirrors. Inside there's HIDs...
  17. T

Better rear bumper guard or '12+ MZ5?

Our MZ5's rear bumper is taking a beating. Coolers, suitcases, boxes, bags, etc are sometimes in contact with the rear bumper while loading or unloading the cargo area. As a result of this there are some marks and light scratches which I can buff out, but then there are two small gouges through...
  18. T

Yokohama AVID ENVigor 205-50-17 first impressions.

I was originally planning to get a set of Kumho's new PA31 tire as they tested well on the Tire Rack's website and had mostly favorable reviews and were available at an incredibly low price: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=179 (Seems the impressions from the test were...
  19. T

Wrecked 2012 MZ5

Saw this at a body shop so stopped to take a few pics. Looks like a good hit in the rear, then a hit to the front. The front seat backs look to have broken and layed down. Major intrusion to the 3rd row seating area. I always wondered how people in the way back of the MZ5 would do in a rear end...
  20. T

2014 Mazda3 Sedan?

Although I like the versatility of a hatch this car looks odd with the long snout and short tail. I will hold final judgement until seen in person. Has anyone seen a sedan?
Back