Search results

1. T

How many miles has your Mazda2 traveled?

Just bought an ‘11 with 170k miles on the clock. Car had a diet of Amsoil every 7m miles and came with a 2” stack of service records. Some dents and scratches inside and out, a front end clunk, and a rear wheel bearing needs replaced but otherwise a strong runner and 31 mpg last two tanks...
  2. T

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

@murch Love it. What is the tire size and wheel width/offset?
  3. T

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Did a lot yesterday: Installed LED dome, trunk, license plate, and headlight bulbs. Restored the headlight lenses with an HD 3M kit. Installed new air and cabin filters. Wiped down all plastic and ran the extractor on anything carpet/fabric except the headliner. Installed a new headunit...
  4. T

New Mazda2 Owner with Questions

So back in the Mazda Family again after selling our ‘15 Mazda 6. When going over small bumps with both front tires at the same time I’m getting a clunk and rattle like something in the front end is loose. Can’t figure it out. While stopped and steering slightly left and right all is tight...
  5. T

Scratches on my 2017 Mazda6

Is the brush composite (nylon, foam, etc) or horse hair? If it's not horse hair, don't use it. And, always make sure to rinse the brush and then run your hand though it checking for any foreign media.
  6. T

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ initial impressions

It's an observation 98/100 drivers probably wouldn't notice, not really an issue. My wife likes the grip and quietness, other than that she can't tell a difference. Overall these are the best performing 3 season tires I have had so far. As an update these tires do stick like mad rain or...
  7. T

New to Mazda's, interested in the 6 ...

The auto feels stronger than the manual, and it's also quicker and rated better on gas mileage. I looked at Subaru, too but the CVT with the low power 2.5 was the deal killer. Maybe at the XT level it won't be as bad?
  8. T

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ initial impressions

Wife had some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ put on her Sport recently. Stock size, V rated. Original Yokohama Advans hit 30k miles when they hit the wear bars, and started to make some noise, too. To those not familiar with this tire it's a refresh of the original A/S 3 with improved winter/snow...
  9. T

i-ACTIV AWD Thread

Whoever this is with the hot smell, I'd change fluids out immediately.
  10. T

Rebates

They have a trade up and loyalty program now. Local dealer was doing $300 off plus the trade up and loyalty if applicable. Local Honda dealer was taking $4k off Accord, so now we have a Honda and not a Mazda in my parking spot in the garage.
  11. T

2014+ aftermarket led drls?

Guess I'll reply to myself here, too. I didn't buy any yet, but I can confirm the factory drl can be deactivated by easily pulling the fuse under the hood.
  12. T

Adding Commander Knob to '15 Sport?

Not the most lively forum here. Tore the car apart today, no wiring for the commander knob is present.
  13. T

20,000 Miles On My 2015 Mazda 6 - List of Problems So Far

I had a couple 2016 loaners. The trans seems different in regular mode in those compared to my 2015. They were much more reponsive. Sport mode was perfect for my tastes. Once I'm on the throttle hard the car does move well compared to other NA 4 bangers in its class. My cruise is great...
  14. T

Latest gen Mazda6 highway mileage?

I see the same difference on my 6 as well. I drove 400 miles in nonstop rain once limited by traffic running 50 to 60 MPH and my MPG'S were crazy good on that trip.
  15. T

Is a stock 2014 non Bose Mazda 6 head unit compatible with a sub?

If your amp does not have the right inputs you'll need a line level converter. Not sure how much bass filtering is going on with the stock head unit, but I'm guessing plenty. Might want to save up for a new double DIN to save yourself the headache.
  16. T

This time was people, no cargo. I have had the car loaded to being on the jounce bumpers, it still did phenomenal on MPG. Seems this car likes 91 octane. Gets about 2 mpg better MPG's with much better throttle response, especially when heat soaked. Out here 91 octane also gets you into...
  17. T

Adding rear vents to 14-15?

Anyone here swap in what's needed into a sport to have rear ac vents? I'd like to know what's needed and what's under the center console.
  18. T

2015 LED License Plate Light Fail

The Phillips bulb I have is more omnidirectional than most 194 style LEDs, so in this case flipping the bulb 180 won't help really (actually would kill all the light, these only work one way). I got a chance to drive behind the car at night yesterday and the bulbs are way too bright. No need to...
  19. T

Just took a one-tank highway trip with some city driving mixed in. AC on, 80 MPH, WOT on occasion with 4 on board. 91 octane non-ethanol gas. 34.3 MPG indicated.
  20. T

2015 LED License Plate Light Fail

Had some extra Phillips LEDS so I decided to swap out the license plate lights. Looks great from behind, but they're too bright for the backup camera. Might fab up some shielding for the bulb to correct.
Back