Search results

1. J

Broken CorkSport Rear Torsion Bar :(

Got the new one installed and old broken one sent back to CS yesterday. I sure hope it was a defective weld and my new one holds up -- it really does make a difference! From driving around for a week without it I thought I didn't notice any difference, but probably because it had been broken for...
  2. J

Warrantied! Should have a replacement by this weekend and will be sending the broken one back for inspection. Thanks again Derrick and CorkSport!! :)
  3. J

Yep! Contacted and just waiting to hear from the engineers.
  4. J

Yeah, I know! I almost left it on (lazy) in thinking I'd swap it out when I got a replacement, and then had the exact same thought as you! Also would have been bad if it came down and wedged itself up into the gas tank, rear bumper, or some other place under the car and ripped something up. The...
  5. J

I think Derrick is doing pretty well in Buttonwillow! 2nd yesterday, don't know about today yet... But anyway, I have no doubt CorkSport will stand behind their product -- it is good news to hear Tom that your bar has held up for so long with that track/auto-x time on it. My bar only had about...
  6. J

Well, at least I tracked down one of the mystery rattles from under my car... at first I just thought it had come loose, but after checking torque was indeed still tight I could feel the bar moving around and noticed it was cracked right through at the weld! Cracked half way around the other...
  7. J

Which parts should I get?

Intake coupled with exhaust is definitely noticeable -- and like Tom said the duct even helps more. And like John said, every little bit in the 2 helps, and if it all adds up to 10hp gain that's 10%! Your plan sounds good to start, but you should try to plan for the exhaust later on -- I got...
  8. J

Bumpstops?!

How much would be good to cut off? Seems like I have a little before they hit, but probably not much more than an 1 1/2".
  9. J

Bumpstops?!

I'm about 40 minutes away -- let me know when it going to be I'd love to come watch the B-Specs battle it out and cheer you on.
  10. J

Bumpstops?!

Yeah, need some auto-x time to get more used to it... missed the last one. I felt minor oversteer in the rain a few weeks ago and it felt nice and smooth, but last night it was dry and a bit more violent... guess I shouldn't let girls in modded GTIs goad me on. :D
  11. J

autocross newbie needs some help

With time you will find all the things you mentioned get easier as you gain experience. At first it feels frustrating because you see all the others who make it look easy watching from the sidelines, but it really isn't! Don't worry quite as much about time your first few autocrosses and try and...
  12. J

Bumpstops?!

So last night driving home (a little more spirited than usual) I was taking a sweeping left hand turn at about 55-60mph and felt a bump from the rear and then the rear stepped out for a split second and then regained composure and I scooted out of the turn. The turn is fairly banked, the left...
  13. J

How much does the rear seat weigh?

I want to turbo my 2 -- I figure it HAS to be cheaper than buying a new car...
  14. J

Fair price for stock alloys?

Ok, cool -- thanks! When I first read your reply I was like, Wuht? LOL Lowballers suck!
  15. J

You think $270 is fair for 4 alloy wheels, tires, and TPMS?
  16. J

Yeah, the only serious offer I got was for $270 -- for all 4! I think I'll just keep them rather than let them go that cheaply. At mazda-parts.com they want $197 per wheel -- I figure I can just slap them back on if I trade anytime, or just use as spares in case I case a wheel in a pothole or...
  17. J

Mazda2 Taillights, anyone? lol

From what I understand the NHTSA requires all U.S. cars to have one set of orange reflectors on the side in the front, and one set of red reflectors on the side in the rear, plus a red set on the rear bumper. I think that's why the U.S. spec 2s come with different taillights than the other...
  18. J

Mykflo's Mazda2

Is it just a stock tune or did you do data logging before you sent it in?
  19. J

Vavle train noise - New Car

I switched from Mobil 1 bulk fill @ the dealer and stock filter to the green capped Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy kind and the Mobil 1 filter. Noticed a bit more noise at startup but engine seems to rev a bit more freely too. Didn't notice any improvement in gas mileage though, sure hope I'm not...
  20. J

Oh, thanks! I forgot about the TPMS... yeah, I feel like the set is worth $400. I don't see myself needing them anymore...
Back