Search results

1. 31N007

Off Topic 3L Swappin' Contour

An update from this past weekend's autocross at Grattan, with a few updates from happenings prior to that. I was hoping to make a HPDE at Waterford Hills on the 15th, but unfortunately the brakes on the Contour weren't up to snuff, so I took my GTI instead. That was a mistake, as the brake pads...
  2. 31N007

After some more tinkering this morning, I had the bracket bent up. I should have had the strap piece shifter further back, but I managed to get this to work through some trickery. I ended up having to bend the bracket slightly to clear the opening into the engine bay. The 2"-1.5" adapter was...
  3. 31N007

A little update for this season so far, since ive not been on track in this since Gingerman. As a result of putting the passenger side brake duct in, I had to axe the windshield washer fluid bottle. I don't mind not having a bottle, but on occasion it's been a bit frustrating due to bugs or...
  4. 31N007

For Sale KL Swapped Protege5

Bumping this as a summer toy for anyone looking for one. Autocross, maybe even track driving, could be enjoyed in this wonderfully weird vehicle :)
  5. 31N007

KL Swappin' Protege5

6. 31N007

https://youtu.be/ijTBJk4vHBU I'll start with the bloopses, a term I'm sure someone somewhere else has used before. The car made it to the track day just fine. No hassle in any way getting donuts on the way there either. I spent the first session accidentally sliding the car around, realising...
  7. 31N007

THIS was not the face I'd expected to be making after taking the Contour out of winter storage: I visited my friend a few weeks back and pulled into their house, noticing the faint smell of burning coolant. "That can't be this car," I thought. And we all know how that goes... Drove the car...
  8. 31N007

So much for a slew of winter updates... Not much really happened this winter to the car that I thought was tremendously noteworthy. It got parked outside of where I store it through and into December, which at that point I really didn't have any pressing desire to address some of the things on...
  9. 31N007

If you're mechanically and electrically inclined you can probably get KL parts for similar enough prices to the FS engine. But the shortlist for the KL swap would put the swap at a higher cost than just swapping in another FS if you can get your hands on one.
  10. 31N007

I've dropped the price on this to $4700. I'll be purchasing a new battery for this in the spring, as the old one was kaput. It's been parked throughout the winter, likely wondering why I've left it alone.
  11. 31N007

I know I know. I'm not going to say I won't be sad to see it go. In a way it'll be strange being "out of the Mazda game" so to speak, but it's something that will allow me to explore other cars and that I think, is a sort of natural progression of things.
  12. 31N007

https://youtu.be/OlmNzyYM_UQ Stellar news - the car survived its first HPDE. Below is a modified post I'd made on a Contour FB page: The Falken RT660s were, admittedly, a bit more aggressive than what others were on in my run group, but I felt the car was super planted all throughout. I know...
  13. 31N007

Suspension upgraded: I was sitting on these for a little while now, and after the poly-filled rear motor mount insert didn't fix the pull under load that I was experiencing, I decided to bite the bullet and install my KW Variant V3 coilovers. They're tight as the dickens to the front wheels, but...
  14. 31N007

Putting up my KL swapped Protege5 for sale. I have a build thread chronicling the swap itself here: https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/kl-swappin-protege5.123871539/ Car and I am located in the Detroit Metro area in Michigan. I bought this car after writing my last (second) Protege5 off in KY in...
  15. 31N007

Performing a bit of a thread necro over here. The winter saw little to no work on the car since it was tucked away nicely at a heated storage place. I picked up a 4Runner in November last year and spent some time making sure it can cross the 200k mile mark and more without issues. As for the...
  16. 31N007

Had a bit of an oops this past weekend with the wheel bearing on the Contour. The TL;DR is: I changed out LCAs, noticed worn wheel bearings, got a set of assembled knuckles from a friend, one of those wheel bearings was bad on arrival, assembled my removed set of knuckles, same side bearing shat...
  17. 31N007

Are you referring to putting this engine into a Protege? Would like to know more details before I offer up more direct info. I'm not sure this engine will fit *well* into the Protege chassis. It's big. Much bigger than the KL V6 that I put into my Protege5. And I would hard pressed to say it...
  18. 31N007

What have you done to your P5 today?

I especially enjoy the bit where it says "asbestos free." Nothing screams "there was once a better product than removal of something particularly hazardous for ones' health! Now if Mazda could have made the decision to use metals not sourced from the Titanic, that would be swell! On the...
  19. 31N007

What have you done to your P5 today?

Where to (roughly) in MI? I'm in the SE DetMet area. I had a NC Pro5 which succumbed to me being a plonker, but had some rust starting in the rear arch, and have a TX Pro5 that has been resprayed poorly, but lacks rust (thankfully) so there's that... Enjoy the car! I know I have, as I've owned...
  20. 31N007

KL Swappin' Protege5

Keeping it O.T. here, I tore into the Probt GT transmission I picked up a few months back and am chuffed to report it's got the 4.388 final drive. This means the differential will be changed out for the MFactory unit, but I'll run the Probe GT ratios which may be a bit better suited for the KL...
Back