Search results

1. G

Reset computer after putting in new battery?

Generally once the car has lost power, computers will reset themselves. You can expect for the car to possibly run rough for a bit while the ECU "learns" to get the car running smoothly. Most importantly, you'll probably also lose your radio presets. Go for it, kind of sounds like they just...
  2. G

New rims and tires questions

Welcome! You'll find the fb group is quite a bit more active than the forums. The wheels should fit fine, I'm actually fairly certain there is someone running that same wheel already. A) Shouldn't be a problem, don't remember if it's stem mounted or strapped to the wheel, but it should be a...
  3. G

Help me find out if these chassis glues are signs of broken car

Looks like mine, have had it since new (5 km). I'd say its normal.
  4. G

Mazda 2 2011 horn and radio

Radio is on the same fuse as the door locks, so if your doors also don't lock, then it's likely the fuse. Not sure what the horn is on, but the "ROOM" fuse is the one responsible for your radio.
  5. G

1.5 dynamic exhaust crackle and pop

That crackle and pop your hear on higher end cars is a result of slight amounts of unburnt fuel. Your tuner would need to dump excess fuel into the combustion chamber for that to happen, which, while not bad for the car per se, isn't conducive with making maximum amounts of power. Getting rid...
  6. G

Best tires for the Mazda2 these days?

You'll get that "oily" squirmy feeling with winters on during warmer months. And they'll be loud, but other than that, there's really no reason not to run them (other than they'll turn down to nothing real quick). That being said, I won't be of much help here, I run dedicated summer/winter sets.
  7. G

New Mazda 2 owner

How do you like the LSD? Lots done is such a short time! Can't offer any advice, just here to say welcome! Hope to see you around (I drive through/around Erin fairly often).
  8. G

Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

205/45/16 should fit fine, the 205/55 or 205/60 pictured still had a decent amount of clearance. Was hoping for those "new" Firestone INDY500, but they seem to be on back order everywhere.
  9. G

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

You can nudge the hardline out of the way a bit, and wiggle a ratchet in there. With my propensity of breaking things, I ended up buying a serpentine belt tool (really just needed the long, thing handle, regular socket fit fine).
  10. G

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Swapped my plugs... last weekend? Also new belt, 136k km on both.
  11. G

Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

16x7 +38 Hopefully I'll get some time to paint them in the coming weeks, and slap a new set of tires on before the end of June.
  12. G

Wheel Bearings/Hubs

In for same info.
  13. G

Where did everybody go?

Some of us are still kickin. Maintenance only on my end now, bought a condo last year, no monies for fun zoom-zoom stuff.
  14. G

Stereo wont turn on

If the room fuse were blown, your doors wouldn't lock and you'd also have no interior lights (in addition to the lack of power to stereo). Maybe the plug for the stereo itself came undone?
  15. G

2011 Mazda2 Sport - No Sound from Speakers?

FWIW, it takes me about 10 minutes to get the headunit out now. (Took me about an hour the first time, was scared to break stuff)
  16. G

Mazda 2 Shifter broke!! help!

Dang. Hopefully you're still under warranty. How'd that happen?
  17. G

Lowering Springs on Stock Strut

If you're fine with a less-than-supple ride quality, any springs should be sufficient for what you're looking for. I'm on H&Rs, and while I don't hate the ride, it definitely leaves me yearning for more at times. That being said, it looks great, and handles pretty well given the limitations. I...
  18. G

The Official Mazda2 Wheel Thread

Should be okay, maybe some slight rub at full lock, depends how low you've got it.
  19. G

Loud Rattle/Knocking at Startup

Loud injectors, nothing to worry about.
  20. G

Howdy!

Anywhere close to the GTA? Excited for winter? I know I am. :D
Back