Search results

1. Q

2009 CX-9 NAV DVD Update

I have a 2011 CX-9 GT, the last update for the navigation was year 2016. Is there a place where it is still possible to get this DVD set?
  2. Q

Replacement parts at 165,000 miles

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. There are no engine light or codes, and it sounds good. The transmission fluid is in the contained unit without a dip stick.
  3. Q

Replacement parts at 165,000 miles

I have had no issues with my CX-9 2011 GT except for window motors failing and battery. I had the spark plugs and coolant changed at 80k and want to have it done again very soon at my local dealer. I don't have enough nerve to do the spark plugs myself. Any common sense additional replacement...
  4. Q

2012 CX-9 GT - going on fourth set of tires in 70k miles- problem?

That is definitely excessive. My OEM tires got 79k and my replacement Dueler 422's got 74k. This was a lot of highway driving, but still something is wrong with the short life of your tires.
  5. Q

New Navigation Disc Release Date?

On the website its has this version available: "Mazda - North America Map DVD Version 2014 ("2013" copyright date)" Does anyone know what month it was released? Also, has anyone found a difference to make it worth the $200 upgrade?
  6. Q

Can I use 5w-30 instead?

Thanks ceric, so just to be clear changing to 5w-20 synthetic will not void the powertrain warranty correct?
  7. Q

Can I use 5w-30 instead?

So I have almost 30,000 miles on my CX-9 and am ready to do an oil change this weekend. I want to change to synthetic and will probably use Mobile 1. I have a few questions: 1) Are the dealers putting in 0w-20 instead of 5w-20? 2) Would it be better to use 0w-20 or should I stick with 5w-20...
  8. Q

Navigation Real Time Traffic -- How Good is it?

Exactly, lots of warnings when most of the time there is not a problem, like I said you cannot count on it to be accurate.
  9. Q

Air conditioning drain plugged up

jessecamp, thanks for the update post, please put up the picture if it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see it.
  10. Q

Navigation Real Time Traffic -- How Good is it?

You cannot rely on it, so do not. It tells me often there are problems and there are not any at all.
  11. Q

CX-9 Real MPG

I just drove on the highway yesterday for 200 miles with cruise control at 65mph which was 1,500 rpm and got 26.0 mpg.
  12. Q

Advanced Key won't open windows & sunroof ( CX 9 2012 )

Just tried it again on my 2011. Try this: Click unlock on fob, release and click unlock again and hold it in this time.
  13. Q

GF Performance Chip Kit

Great info from all of you. The reviews were brutal as well.
  14. Q

GF Performance Chip Kit

Just wondering if anyone has tried this with their CX-9, and if so what were the results. Any other thoughts would be appreciated too. Am I correct that this is really just a resistor that fools out the vehicle's reading to Input Air Temperature sensor? http://www.gfchips.com/mazdacx-9.aspx
  15. Q

20" Tire Options...

Maybe someone else knows for sure but I thought the Yokohama YK580 is the next generation of the Spec-X tires. Just as another option...
  16. Q

2009 CX-9 GT Navi Voice Commands?

As ceric said the navi has very bad voice recognition, so even if you know the commands more often than not they will not be understood by the system. One of the few big disappointments of this vehicle.
  17. Q

Car shopping (w/ 3 kids) - CX-9 an option

One a side note just in case you do no know, at least at my dealership, go to buy it on the very last day of the month. It is the best day to negotiate the lowest price.
  18. Q

Night mode? 2008 Nav

Same here, it is like the automatic sensitivity set/change point is not right.
  19. Q

NEWBIE HERE! Having no luck finding connecting rod bolts

I'd take the bolt to Fastenal and see what they say about it.
Back