Search results

1. D

Best tires for the Mazda2 these days?

So our 2013 is due for new tires soon...the factory Yokos made it to 45k, but it would be stupid to try to get through another winter with them. When we had our 2011, I put a set of Michelin Premier A/S's on it, moving to a 195-series tire since they don't make them in 185/55-15. They were great...
  2. D

Recommended replacement battery?

So my factory battery is 5 years old and I think it's time to proactively replace it. Years ago when I had a Mazda3 I used an Optima Red Top and liked it, but Ive heard/read that their quality has significantly gone down. I don't need anything for performance, just good reliability (especially...
  3. D

Mazda2 alternator whine through aux input

So we took a short road trip in Aoi a few weekends ago, and I connected my phone to the factory stereo aux input, along with using a USB power adapter in the lighter socket. Ended up with alternator whine. The factory stereo in Shiroi (our 2013) doesn't do this, but when I connect the phone I...
  4. D

PSA: Mazda2 DE-platform wiper blade part numbers

Throwing this out there, if for no other reason than so I can find it later if I forget (rolleyes) These are the Mazda part numbers for wiper blade refills. These are just the rubber blades that fit in the factory metal brackets. I think the OEM blades work quite well, and besides it's tough to...
  5. D

Missing side sill plugs -- help with part number?

Hey everyone, Was out giving the blue 2 a good fall detailing (the white 2 will be next weekend) when I noticed that somehow three of the plastic plugs underneath the side sill on the driver's side are missing. I have no idea what happened to them or when they disappeared; my wife usually...
  6. D

Anyone replace their front brake pads?

The front pads on our 2011 are going to be due for replacement soon. I assume that they're as straightforward as any other Mazda disc brakes, but to make sure, has anyone replaced theirs? Easy job or not?
  7. D

Engine block heater?

It's been pretty cold here in Minnesota this week, the high today was 4 degrees F. For whatever dumb reason, Mazda doesn't sell the OEM block heater in the US, but it does in Canada (probably the same reason we don't get any of the other accessories, like the rubber hatch liner). I'm thinking...
  8. D

Mazda2 automatic transmission fluid question

Hey all, Just had the ATF in one of our 2's flushed by the dealer. The car's at 30k, and knowing how Mazda automatic transmissions tend to be hard on fluid, it was due. The owner's manual specifies that Mazda ATF M-V (Type M5) fluid should be used, and some research on my part has taught me...
  9. D

OEM Demio LED headlights

Just noticed that the Demio now has a special trim level that offers LED headlights: http://www.demio.mazda.co.jp/13-sss/?link_id=dmlnv I'd love a set of those, but don't want to think about how much they'd cost.
  10. D

I've got a fever...

...and the only prescription is another Mazda 2! Our 2006 Mazda3 was getting up there in miles, and ultimately we decided to just get another 2 to replace it. There weren't any white 2 Touring models within like 300 miles of the Twin Cities, so I had to order one. Someone at Mazda HQ must...
  11. D

Alignment needed after rear shock replacement?

Hey everyone, Just got back from the dealer after having them (finally) fix my squeaky rear shock problem. They ended up replacing the rear shocks with new ones under warranty, but now I'm wondering if this is enough to make me need/want an alignment? Would replacing just the rear shocks be...
  12. D

Loud knock/ticking noise on startup

Hey everyone, Had something a little scary happen this morning when I went to go to work. Started the car up and immediately heard a loud knocking/ticking noise coming from under the hood. Knowing that this is usually a Bad Thing, I killed the engine after about 5 seconds. Let the car sit for...
  13. D

WTB Mazda 2 factory speakers

I'm looking for a set of factory speakers for a North American Mazda 2. I need both the fronts and rears, but don't need the optional front tweeters. Anyone upgrade their speakers and have no need for the factory ones? Thanks!
  14. D

Non-scratch lug nut socket

I'm looking for a socket that won't scratch my lug nuts, but I'm having some trouble finding something suitable. What I need is something that won't scratch the lug nut itself -- I'm not worried about scratching the wheels themselves, but those kinds of sockets (with the non-scratch coating on...
  15. D

How To: Mazda 2 Oil Change

I've seen in various threads here and on other Mazda 2/Demio forums that folks have been looking for a walkthrough on changing their oil and replacing the filter. I needed to do an oil change recently, and took some photos during the process. If you're familiar with the process of changing the...
  16. D

Tire rotation pattern?

I'm due for my first tire rotation, and I'll likely do it myself. I'm still using the OEM Yokohamas. Does anyone know what tire rotation pattern (either front-to-back or X-pattern) I should follow? I'm not seeing any directional markings on the tires to indicate that they're directional, but I'd...
  17. D

Rear cargo tray?

Has anyone found a decent solution for a rubber/plastic cargo tray for the hatch area? I'd hate to have something spill back there and soak into the carpet back there. WeatherTech doesn't offer one yet. Strangely, Mazda doesn't offer an OEM cargo tray in the US (yet), but they have it for other...
Back