Search results

1. Mikeyman64

Protege FS: Huge Protege5/MSP Partout Bananza

BUMP... Final week this stuff will be up. After the weekend, I'm going to put what I'm keeping in the basement and pack everything else up into the back of the parts car and take it to the salvage place. Remember that there is still a parts car with many things in it. If you have a specific P5...
  2. Mikeyman64

Unfortunately. Driver was missing when I got the car. I may actually keep it and try to design a 3D printable one mirrored off the passenger side...
  3. Mikeyman64

Hey all, TLDR: I have a ton of P5 parts, leftover MSP sedan parts and a P5 parts car with a lot of stuff still on it that I would love for someone close-ish by to come pick up and take for cheap. This listing will be gone in 2 weeks, so grab your stuff while you can. After working to build...
  4. Mikeyman64

MSP5 Conversion Project

Wow, never got any notifications on these posts! Sorry about the delay. Yes, the fronts are direct swap, unless you have front side airbags, as the MSP does NOT. So you either have to swap the seat covers (what I did), or rig the car to keep the airbag light off. For the rear, the brackets...
  5. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

So I ended up swapping out my old manual ECU with the auto one as well as the instrument cluster, based on a good P5 expert friend's advice (the ECUs are in fact different). Now I'm seeing an odd issue where the engine jumps up to an idle of 2k rpm on a cold engine and about 1500 on a warm...
  6. Mikeyman64

NewP5 Owner. Saying Hello!

I've always used mobile 1 for my P5. More recently I have used Redline for the gearbox, but on the manual that's a very rare fluid change. Be sure to use brand new brake/clutch fluid if you flush that (which I would recommend unless it's been done recently). Also a notable simple upgrade...
  7. Mikeyman64

NewP5 Owner. Saying Hello!

Depending on where you are located, I've got a non-running black P5 in rough condition and a ton of parts to pick from from my recent MSP5 conversion. PM me if you have any specific parts you're looking for.
  8. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

Correct. I have a manual cluster. I just wanted to try and keep the original odo reading since it only has 130k miles on it. But it is proving to be a pain in the butt to get it to work 100%, so I'll probably throw in the towel and use my old manual cluster.
  9. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

Yeah, I plan to fully wire it correctly. I was just giving some information about what I noticed. Before I get it inspected (apparently there is a 30-day wait due to C-19-19 for some reason) I plan to correctly wire the neutral switch and then install some resistors to turn off the CEL for...
  10. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

I had wired the "Neutral switch" incorrectly at first and it caused some issues, so I cut the wires. Now I can't seem to detect any difference in the car's drive-ability with the wires to the neutral switch cut. I need to test it out with CC before I ignore it. It may be 100% CC related.
  11. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

I'll certainly investigate more before posting anything. I think you're right.
  12. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

"I didn't know the cluster was automatic specific." Yes, it has the LCD on the left that shows the gear you are in. This is also a 2003 with the shifter mode transmission. "Don't forget, there are two clutch switches." Yeah, I meant to say the two wires. I think the second switch is tied...
  13. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

It is the same ECU. It's only the wiring harness and instrument cluster that are auto specific. The bulk of the harness (don't remember the part numbers off hand) that run under the dash is the same. It just gets different running to the cluster and out to the tranny. But I was able to basically...
  14. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

So sorry to bump this thread. I just wanted to give a final follow-up to the project. So the solenoids never did end up working. I tool the car to a transmission shop and they quoted me $2400 to overhaul the tranny. So I ended up doing an auto/manual conversion, and I am almost done! The most...
  15. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

Great tips. I'll definitely try these before dumping a hunch of money into it.
  16. Mikeyman64

Protege5 Cargo panel

I've got a ton of random parts from an MSP and a couple of P5s after my conversion project. PM me with any specific requests and I'll see if I have it.