Search results

1. kdaug

Anybody running Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season plus II on their CX-5?

I would caution purchasing H rated Pirelli tires if your have the GS or GT as Mazda recommends V rated tires for these models. In addition the sticker on the Pirelli's tire notes not to install a tire rated lower than that recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. While you may never go as fast...
  2. kdaug

Recent CX-5 purchase. Are there interior/exterior protection packages worth getting?

I paid around $1000. As another poster here has suggested be sure you prep the exterior paint work before application of any PPF. I told my Mazda dealer to clay my CX-5 when I bought it before being sent off for the PPF. This removed any surface contaminants which accumulate during transport...
  3. kdaug

Recent CX-5 purchase. Are there interior/exterior protection packages worth getting?

I've had Paint Protection Film(PPF) installed on my current and previous CX-5, by a local home & auto window business. I opted for the front end pre-cut PPF "kit", and had them cut other pieces for the hood, mirrors, A pillar, interior door sill and leading roofline (up to the sunroof). It is...
  4. kdaug

Looking for some insights...

It sounds like anything smaller than the CX-5 won't work for you, ie the CX-3 or slightly larger CX-30. For overall crash safety your family seems to be happier with a larger vehicle like the CX-5. I think that the CX-9 (Mazda's only 3 row vehicle) might seem too large for your daughters...
  5. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

With your petrol prices being over 2X what they are here in North America it is no wonder the vast majority of vehicles on UK roads tend to be the much more fuel efficient smaller 4 cyl variety (2 L or less) so I can see why the potential 3.0 engine might not be a go in the UK. BUT, the hybrid...
  6. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

With the new CX-30 now being closer to the CX-5 in size a similar rumor I have read is that the new replacement in 2022 for the CX-5 will be the slightly upsized CX-50 based on the larger Mazda 6 platform with a potential bigger engine to make it more competitive with the Ford Explorer. Three...
  7. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

Even back in 2017 BMW were referring to their X4 and X6 as Sports Activity Coupes. On the X4 homepage they used such phrases as.....Coupe-like roofline. Coupe performance. Sports coupe inspiration. On and on. BUT, both models had 4 doors. Below is the X4 with that very slopey coupe like roof...
  8. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

Good point, thanks. That's why I click on reply within someone's post, rather than sending a new post so there is no question as to whom I am replying to.
  9. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

I beg to differ. There are several examples of 4 door coupes on the market, mostly European mind you. Just google "4 door coupes". I consider a coupe as a vehicle where the rear hatch/trunk has the rear window incorporated but slants way more than a regular hatch. For example the Mazda...
  10. kdaug

2016 CX-5 GT Tires

I updated my worn out Toyo's on my last CX-5 to Michelin Premier LTX's and absolutely loved them. When my current Toyo's wear out these Michelin's will once again be at the top of my shopping list. My only other advice is to be careful of Pirelli. While they make a decent tire their 225/55/19...
  11. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

Let's not confuse constructive criticism of some of Mazda's thinking, as well as opinion, with being an insult. If I/we had such a disregard for Mazda, as you seem to imply, why would I/we have purchased a CX-5 in the first place. For me I'm on my second CX-5 and love what Mazda has done with...
  12. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

We know what happened to the Honda CrossTour, a coupe/crossover. After 5 years of trying to make a go of it Honda discontinued it in 2015. Maybe Mazda should ask them what happened!
  13. kdaug

2022 CX-50?!

From what I've read a CX-50 or CX-60 could be added to the 2021 lineup, some months ahead of the next generation CX-5. The cars would share the same architecture and engines. It can be thought of as a crossover-coupe rather than an SUV. It will be manufactured alongside a Toyota SUV at Mazda's...
  14. kdaug

For those eagerly awaiting Gen 3

Apparently not, Mazda doesn't want you or anyone other than their service technicians to check the transmission fluid level any more, and in particular top it up or do a flush. Too many issues arising from things going wrong by some backyard mechanics.
  15. kdaug

Taking my car in for its first service, they will check tranny fluid but not top off if low

Had my CX-5 in for a motor vehicle inspection today and asked the service manager about low fluid levels in the diff and transaxle. He said that he is aware that the levels are a bit lower from the factory, BUT, after a new vehicle arrives on their lot and just before the customer takes...
  16. kdaug

All Season Tire Comparison/Recommendation

I bought 225/55/19 Michelin Premier LTX's in April 2016 for my previous CX-5 when the Toyo's wore out and absolutely love them. Some say these Michelin's wear out more quickly than several others, BUT, I only run them around 7 months a year (as I had winters on the rest of the time), and still...
  17. kdaug

interior illumination

If enough people complain to Mazda about the absence of such wanted features such as an illuminated garage door opener button and/or a fog light on indicator they may be more apt to do something about it. Say nothing to them and you should expect nothing in return except when most other...
  18. kdaug

Yep, it looks like we can look forward to some really exciting engine developments over the next 3 years. More Zoom Zoom. 🚗💨
  19. kdaug

There are rumor's that Mazda is looking to update the powertrain in the 2021 CX-5. Many people are speculating that Mazda may introduce a gasoline hybrid specifically for the North American market. It could be similar to the CX-30’s mild hybrid drivetrain, but with more displacement, such as...
  20. kdaug

Mud Flaps - OR - Running Boards?

Good point, I didn't think about them helping with aerodynamics. I must ask my dealer about that. Update: my dealer said that the "front" flaps in front of the wheels are indeed to help with aerodynamics with the added benefit of keeping additional water/mud/stones flying up into the wheel...