Search results

1. PatrickGSR94

Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

How can the ATP part listed under the 2015 link apply to 2013-2015 MY's, but the Beck Arnley version applies to all 2013-2018 models? Why wouldn't both parts apply to the same model year range?
  2. PatrickGSR94

Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

I still haven't gotten around to doing the fluid change on our 2014, and it's at ~108K at this point. Wondering if I should go on and do the filter change...
  3. PatrickGSR94

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

General Altimax RT43 225/65-17 102H
  4. PatrickGSR94

The current tires are about done, so we'll be ordered new ones soon, and I do plan on ordered from DTD and getting them installed at my local DT store. I already have a lifetime alignment plan at Firestone, so I'll still have that, and usually have it checked after each time I rotate tires. So...
  5. PatrickGSR94

hmmm our 2014 has a vibration on the highway that I figured was worn tires or tire balance issue. Maybe I need to look at the engine/gearbox mounts?
  6. PatrickGSR94

Post Pictures of Your Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

what's with the painted high beam reflectors? You basically lost all usefulness of the high beam lights, and made the DRL function less visible in daylight.
  7. PatrickGSR94

Husky, my new go-to floor mats

wow that's nice. How are the retainer clips at actually holding to the buttons on the carpet? Our WeatherTechs are always pulling away such that I always have to clip them back down. Like, every single time I get in the car.
  8. PatrickGSR94

All looks fine on my car. If I have problems I'll probably just paint those strips.
  9. PatrickGSR94

Husky, my new go-to floor mats

I received my WT mats as a Christmas gift in 2016 shortly after we got our CX5. At that time I wasn't aware of any other molded floor mats. My desire was to reduce the amount of dirt that got into the black carpet, since EVERY speck of dirt shows up on the black carpet. But back then, I...
  10. PatrickGSR94

Bumper guard obstructing power lift gate

This is a 2014 but I just installed this one last night and it fits and looks great. Very strong 3M adhesive tape bond, and no obstructions whatsoever. IMHO the embossed pattern on this one has a factory look. This is the one from the same seller for 2017+ models...
  11. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Rear bumper protector issue?

It seems very tight. I did a bit of sanding on some of the gouges that were in the plastic, and also wiped it very well, multiple times, with 50/50 IPA/distiller water mixture in a spray bottle, to ensure proper adhesion.
  12. PatrickGSR94

Rear bumper guard looks great. It’s a nice way to cover up some scratches and gouges in the bumper from the previous owner.
  13. PatrickGSR94

Well I feel dumb. I thought those pieces were molded into the plastic, but they’re actually stuck on, intended to be removed and placed in the cutouts for the parking sensors, for cars that don’t have the sensors. I got it all installed today and it looks great!
  14. PatrickGSR94

I picked up brand new OEM Mazda rear mud guards for our 2014 from eBay seller zoomparts1. Fit is excellent of course, and they came with all the necessary hardware.
  15. PatrickGSR94

Where is the Odometer?

Trip A and B should be in the center of the speedometer. You're saying your dash is not showing any mileage readout between the speedo and fuel gauges where CX5_driver showed? That's interesting, can you post a pic?
  16. PatrickGSR94

SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

yessir, I don't know of any other kind that would have that much moly in it.
  17. PatrickGSR94

Recently got another UOA report back. I'm having to add a quart of oil between drains on a 8K mile oil drain interval, so I probably will not try stretching it out to 10K miles. I'll just have to start buying an extra quart per oil change to keep on hand.
  18. PatrickGSR94

This is the product I purchased. The protrusions pictured above are at the very far ends of the guard, near the lower edge where it wraps over the edge of the bumper, behind those chrome strips. It does not appear that it will interfere with the hatch opening and closing, but it does look like...
  19. PatrickGSR94

I just got one of these bumper guards for our 2014 last week, but when I test fit it, it has these 2 protrusions on the bottom that seem like it will prevent the double sided 3M tape from making contact in those areas. Seems to fit well otherwise. Has anyone seen this before?
  20. PatrickGSR94

You could easily do 8,000 miles. My last analysis was on a 8K mile OCI with Mazda Moly oil, and it came back great with nearly 100,000 miles on our '14 2.5L.