Search results

1. 2

Rumor: Turbocharged AWD Mazda3 for 2021 model year

Torque delivery is micro-controlled(gimped during acceleration, controlled during turns, etc.), plus it has an LSD. It would ironically cost too much and be too much effort and just doesn't make sense when you can readily(since Mazda already built this platform to be AWD as well) distribute the...
  2. 2

2nd Gen CX-9 (2016-2020) High mileage club, how's it holding up?

Found the old article, also recall seeing a video of it and watching the factories paint the Mazda's while explaining their "eco paint": https://newsroom.mazda.com/en/publicity/release/2005/200507/050729.html Practice vs Theory though... news press back then is bragging how Mazda's will have...
  3. 2

Very true, Mazda paint is very thin and rather brittle/hard. I gotta see if I can dig up some articles on it but I recall how they used to brag about their proprietary process for coating cars and how it was "eco friendly" paint and advanced, painted in the Hofu Japan factory. "Eco" in the sense...
  4. 2

Right on! The article I linked from CD referenced Jalopnik(which I see is the same one norsairius linked in the OP), and here's what they have to say regarding a Model name: https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-mazda-3-will-finally-get-a-turbo-1843884157 I didn't see any information on where it'll...
  5. 2

2004 Mazda3 no spark after motor swap...Help

Sure, I'll try to help... or at least give some leads as best as I can. First and foremost, you're throwing p0037 and p0043 codes, which are from the heater block unit (that thing to the right of your engine block... have you tried swapping that over too? I'll give you a link to it later on...
  6. 2

First gen Mazda3 5speed issues

What's the mileage on the car? Has the manual transmission fluid ever been changed? How long have you owned it for(at what mileage did you receive the car and how many miles did you put on it since...what's the maintenance history of the transmission)? I've done 2 fluid changes on my 2005...
  7. 2

Yes, I agree, I also think this will only be available with AWD, the 2.5T with just FWD is too much torque(yes I know the mazda6 2.5t FWD exists, but they do all sorts of "trickery" to curb the torque at different times of acceleration), they can do it with FWD, but it just doesn't make sense to...
  8. 2

2016~2021 Engine coolant leak

Ah gotcha, thanks, sorry I missed it up there, re-read that they were going to swap in that lower mileage motor. Hope that motor lasts you a good long trouble free time.
  9. 2

Anybody have this issue?

Did the dealer come up with anything? While reading what you're experiencing, it kind of reminded me of this thread: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/2016-cx-9-loss-of-power.123861063/ Could be a related issue, who knows. Just wanted to pass it a long.
  10. 2

2016~2021 Engine coolant leak

Any updates on your situation? Did you get the block replaced?
  11. 2

Looking at Mazda5 2nd Gens, what's to know?

I'm learning a lot myself, so thank you too, it's why I appreciate forum boards so much, info/knowledge swaps! One of the "joys" of getting to replace worn out parts for me is getting to "upgrade" them. On my Mazda3, when my motor mounts started to leak, I went with solid polyurethane...
  12. 2

Thanks for the feedback, yeah, some of the motor mounts last longer, some people on the forums even had them go out earlier. That's an option too. I usually don't consider going too far, but if the undercarriage is that beat up on a 5-8 year old Mazda 5 in my area, it might be something I'd...
  13. 2

Totally agree with all your points regarding the Mazda5, it's a nice setup... handles/rides similar to a car but has more cargo space/utility compared to a station wagon. Thanks for all that information too. Many of the things that I am seeing is similar to problems I see on the Mazda3's(being...
  14. 2

Thanks for the welcome. The 1st generation Mazda 5 used a Ford sourced 4 speed automatic and the MZR23. Both the transmission and the engine are well known to have problems later in life. The MZR23 was a "Franken motor", the displacement bore was increased, some parts were specific, while...
  15. 2

Thanks for the detailed report on what was done. It's a bummer to know that the 2nd Gen Mazda 5 is having rusting issues too. I'm definitely going with an automatic for this vehicle, I have a manual mazda 3 already, it's fun to drive but in the city I'm kicking myself. Yeah, I'm looking at the...
  16. 2

Hi everyone, I've been looking at 2nd Generation Mazda 5's (2012-2015). I've been a long time owner of Mazda's and I have a pretty good idea of the Mazda5... however, I wanted to ask the owners, what I can expect as far as reliability and maintenance goes? Any common problems? Being 2020, is...
  17. 2

How to Clean Headlights?

I've wrestled with headlamp restoration for years on my Mazda. The crucial thing is sealing the headlamp after polishing. Back in the day the only sealer they had was this product called blue magic(could've been genie?) and it sucked. I've experimented with many types of waxes, from Merzerna...
  18. 2

HELP!

Sounds like a weak battery issue. Is it on the original battery from 2012? Either way, if everything turns on but the engine is "clicking" then that's usually just a weak battery. Advance Auto will test the battery for you for free and even charge it over night for you for free.. but even then...
  19. 2

Any Word on the 2020 CX-9 Changes?

Interesting, did not know that the GT and down equipped with the captain's chair did not have the center console, I didn't get to check it out at the dealership in person. I've only seen the promoted pictures of the Signature.
  20. 2

PTguy, out of curiosity, did you install a oil catch can on your Gen. 2 CX-9?