• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. mazdadude

Mazda5 FS: 2009 Mazda5 Sport MANUAL $1500

Friendly BUMP for a good member's good car! Honestly presented as well! I don't need a 3rd Mazda in my driveway at this moment, but if I did, it would be this. The swiss army knife of cars...I miss mine sometimes still.
  2. mazdadude

2021 CX-5 Sale?

I think they want to get rid of the 2019's first.
  3. mazdadude

MX-30 starting production in Japan

I sure hope so!
  4. mazdadude

KYB excel-g vs Bilstein B4

While I do not have any experience yet specific to the CX-5, The KYB will be tuned similar to stock ride, the Bilstein is more tuned towards the performance side. There are also KONI adjustables available. Tire Rack has had a good sale on them recently...
  5. mazdadude

Question on the AWD system

I did not need any special PID. I was using the purchased version of torque.
  6. mazdadude

Using the torque app via OBDII Bluetooth interface, you can view the duty cycle of the of the rear powertrain coupler/clutch.
  7. mazdadude

How many Mazdas have you owned?

I have enjoyed all of the Mazda RWD vehicles I have owned: 1980 GLC SPORT 1981 626 DX 1981 626 LX 1982 626 DX 1982 626 LX 1985 RX-7 GSL-SE 1987 RX-7 Turbo II 1992 Miata 1992 Miata 2004 RX-8
  8. mazdadude

I would say only about 20% were bought to flip over my 35 yrs of buying cars.
  9. mazdadude

While I was on a highway Cloverleaf on ramp I was exhibiting push or understeer however I was able to use the accelerator to give it more throttle and rotate the vehicle and correct the understeer
  10. mazdadude

Just picked up a 2004 RX8 it is my 30th Mazda.
  11. mazdadude

It is not torque vectoring like the Acura, it simply adjust the amount of torque sent to the rear based on computer sampling
  12. mazdadude

Still waiting for all the other members to come argue the other side.:unsure:
  13. mazdadude

Yes. Real world experience is very valuable.
  14. mazdadude

Yep it's definitely heavier and increase mass will make it take longer to accelerate and stop. No argument there. However drag racing and panic braking are not my driving Style.
  15. mazdadude

If you drive and experience both, you will see the difference. I know personally as I have experienced both at their limits.
  16. mazdadude

Never having to give a thought to available traction is very powerful in itself
  17. mazdadude

what year Just as a little correction there, the first gen CX-5 actually weighs about 3200 to 3500 pounds . The 2nd gen weighs in 3500 to 3800 lbs. The number you're referring to is the maximum capacity fully loaded listed in the door jamb GVWR
  18. mazdadude

Yep huge difference, that's what after fwd cx5 #1, our last 2 CX-5 s have been awd.
  19. mazdadude

So why would the all-wheel-drive help the performance cars and not an CUV
  20. mazdadude

It's an eternal debate and it's why Mazda offers the front-wheel drive still.