• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. 323

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Looks very nice. I've always wanted a set for my hood. Does it open the hood as high as it does normally? I feel like I've seen kits in the past where the hood is slightly lower. I feel me being a creature of habit would end up pranking my head on the hood very often.
  2. 323

PCB's Unbuild Thread

Murphy's Law would have the salt heal the rest of the car's rust except for the spot you rubbed it on.
  3. 323

Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

Check yours for cracks before installing!
  4. 323

After a few trips, seems the fittings and hoses are good and dry. On the top side at least. I'll have to get under the car one of these days to double check the 3 fittings on the underside. Decided to put some heat deflection wrap on the lines for the charcoal canister since the oil lines are...
  5. 323

Boring Daily Build

i haven't read everything to catch up on your thread yet but have you checked for vacuum leaks? the stock intake tube is a big offender where it tears around the crinkly area. the vacuum hoses are also getting old and crackly too i'm sure. i've had to replace quite a few
  6. 323

Boring Daily Build

you can shake your PCV valve to check if the check valve is still working. if it doesn't appear to move freely then it's gunked up and time to replace it.
  7. 323

And it's back.
  8. 323

The DD MS3

Windshield shade came in. I’m pretty happy with it as it’s really firm and not floppy at all. Perfect fit too. Not bad for about $36.
  9. 323

MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build"

I like the color choice
  10. 323

The Twist Lok hose arrived yesterday. The internet is correct when they said the hose is nearly impossible to push onto the fitting without oiling both the fitting and hose then heating up the hose. On my first try, I only heated up the hose for about 20 seconds and it was almost impossible for...
  11. 323

College Student First Car Build

Remember how you planned on installing gauges on November 18 of 2018? 😂
  12. 323

PCB's Unbuild Thread

looks safer than these jack stands
  13. 323

MP3 / MSP Swap Build

That's quite a spacious workspace. How's that ebay turbo manifold working out for you?
  14. 323

Protege Turbo

A great place to start is by sourcing parts from a 03 mazdaspeed protege. The Mazdaspeed protege section of the forum has plenty of threads going over the parts and process of turboing a protege 🙂
  15. 323

Well I bought it used. To my untrained eyes, I failed to see that there were cracks before ceramic coating it and installing it. Shortly after, the leak revealed itself. I searched around and found that others with this early version of the manifold experienced the same thing and had to get it...
  16. 323

Finally decided to drop off the steedspeed manifold to a friend last week that does welding on the side. He ended up not being able to properly sand down runners #2 and #3. I took it back to tackle that task before returning it which I ended up doing tonight. Filing and sanding off ceramic...
  17. 323

I don’t have a choice with the bypassed oil pump.
  18. 323

For those of you still with me, yes one of my AN line/hoses failed again. It seems the end closest or on the engine only lasts a good 6-12 months before the heat cycle compromises the hose allowing oil to seep passed hose and out of the fitting. I'm pretty over it and not a fan of working with...
  19. 323

MSP5 Conversion Project

Totally different location from what I remember. Although the seat area doesn't move much anyway. No can do on the fabric as I think the split of the seats are different. You have a sedan and a P5 and can verify. I can no longer do that lol.
  20. 323

The DD MS3

Nah, car will stay as is and just be maintained to my standards :). I'll keep driving it like an old man so nothing ever breaks.