Search results

1. D

2013~2016 Broken CX-5 Stabilizer Link

Hi All, Replaced my brakes for all (4) wheels today and then noticed something that seemed odd. Upon closer inspection, it looks like my "stabilizer bar" is broken for the Passenger (Rear). That would probably explain some of the vibrations/tracking to the left on the road and possible clunks...
  2. D

2013~2016 Radiator Fan Chirping

Hi All, I've stumbled upon a strange noise in my vehicle the past 1-2 months and I think it may be related to the radiator fan but I'm not entirely sure. Here's what I know: 1/17/21: The vehicle is off and the belt tensioner/everything else is no longer moving but the radiator fan still runs...
  3. D

2013~2016 Rear wiper randomly gets stuck sometimes?

Anyone else have this issue? Sometimes the rear wiper wipes fine but then gets stuck in a certain position. Seems to be more common this year than the past few years I've owned this car.
  4. D

What's your emergency set-up/Toolkit?

Since Winter is coming up, I was wondering what everyone kept in their car in case they run into any problems? For me, it's: Spray Bottle with soap inside. If I ever run into a flat or if I ever need to remove a nail from my tire, I can use soap to spray it onto the tread of the tire to find...
  5. D

2013~2016 Anyone attempt wheel installation/balancing/alignment themselves?

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has tried to install a new set of tires onto their rims and did the alignment/balancing process with tools from Harbor Freight or using other tools? Was wondering if it would be feasible to DIY rather than bringing it into a tire shop. It's almost $200 to bring...
  6. D

(2016.5 Touring) Weird smell from vents (not cabin filter related)

Hi All, I have this issue with my 2016.5 Touring that appears to only be very noticeable when the heater is on. I do notice something with the A/C as well but that's only if I switch from the heat to the A/C. Here's what I can describe the smell: Heat: Chemical Sweet Consistent A/C (When...
  7. D

2013~2016 Has anyone walnut blasted their 2.5L throttle body or pcv valve yet?

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has walnut blasted their 2.5l, cleaned their throttle body or pcv valve yet. If so, have you noticed any noticeable difference? I haven't had a chance to inspect either but based on some videos I've seen, it looks like new gaskets would be required upon...
  8. D

2013~2016 Anyone install Ruthenium Spark Plugs yet?

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has tried out the Ruthenium plugs on Rock Auto? It's supposedly better than iridium and platinum. If anyone has them installed, would you mind comparing them to OEM? https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9779940&cc=3312788&jsn=1290&jsn=1290&jsn=1290
  9. D

Possible to swap 2016/2016.5 GT leather seats into 2016.5 Touring?

Hi All, I was wondering if it would be possible to go to the junk yard and purchase the front and rears from the GT and perform a replacement into my Touring. Not sure if anyone has done it before and I did look at previous threads but I figure that Touring/GT were the most similar with heated...
  10. D

2013~2016 Does anyone know the rotor bolt thread size for rotor removal?

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knew the exact size of this bolt that is used to push the rotor off the wheel hub? For example:
  11. D

2013~2016 Continental CrossContact LX25 vs Michelin CrossClimate SUV (17 inch)?

I was wondering if anyone owns either tire and would be willing to offer a review. I currently have the Goodyear Assurance All Season tires and it's good but I'm looking for an upgrade.
  12. D

2013~2016 Aftermarket underbody rivets?

Hi All, I'm looking to purchase some aftermarket underbody splash shield rivets and I was wondering if anyone had any success with ones from Ebay/Amazon? I honestly don't even feel like playing $1.78 - 2.98/for each one, that's just a rip off for ABS plastic.
  13. D

Anyone upgrade their 2016.5 Touring (Non-bose) Audio System?

Hi All, I'm planning on upgrading my 2016.5 Touring without Bose and I was wondering what are some good choices for speakers? Based on the comments I received, I would not mind getting an aftermarket amplifier. I have no idea how to install an amplifier so it would be nice to have one that can...
  14. D

Has anyone installed heated mirrors on their 2016/2016.5?

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has successfully installed OEM heated mirrors (specially the glass) on their 2016s? I know there was a write up a few years back but it wasn't that detailed and I was wondering if anyone else could share their experiences. In the old threads, they mentioned...
  15. D

2013~2016 Has anyone painted their pinch welds?

Out of curiosity since metal is prone to rust over time from the elements, I was wondering if anyone has painted their pinch welds? If so, what products have you used and how is it holding up?
  16. D

2016.5 CX-5 Transmission fluid change questions

Hi All, I have a 2016.5 Mazda Cx5 with 63k miles and I was planning on doing a transmission drain and fill along with replacing the transmission filter but I just had a few questions: 1. How long do you need to wait for the Silicone to cure or dry before putting the pan back on? I asked my...