Search results

1. theblooms

Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

Just pop them up.
  2. theblooms

Repositioning Front License Plate

I was doing some reading, and certain front plate states will give you a waiver if you apply for it. Check yours.
  3. theblooms

DRLs

On my first gen CX-5, you play the Hokey Pokey with the start button and the emergency flasher button, and you can disable them. I did it, and now don't have to deal with them at all.
  4. theblooms

Need Advice, Power Wire through Firewall?

I haven't looked at my CX-5 yet, but in the past on other Mazda's, if it has an automatic transmission just look for the spot where the clutch would have gone through the firewall. There's generally an unused plug there, so that makes a perfect spot to punch through.
  5. theblooms

2016 GT with 120k miles

Just my 2¢, but nearly $17k for a 5 year old car with 120,000 miles just seems like way too much money to me. There has got to be a betty deal out there somewhere.
  6. theblooms

Repositioning Front License Plate

Best place to put the front plate is in the garbage! I really feel for those people who are forced to put up with that crap. Front plates are horrendous. :confused:
  7. theblooms

Mazda5 Speaker upgrade time

I'm going to finish the install in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to try to bi-amp them if at all possible. Getting a second run of speaker wire into the door is a nightmare, so much harder than in my CX-5. :( This is definitely a budget build, with everything done as "bang for the buck"...
  8. theblooms

2017~2021 Lease end conditions and possible charges?

Talking about bikes, this is my current project: a 74 CL125 that I'm restoring. It's going to be sweet when I'm done with it!
  9. IMG_20210122_174814269.jpg

IMG_20210122_174814269.jpg

10. theblooms

That's simply something I won't do. I buy a few year old cars for $10-12 thousand in cash, letting some other sucker take that absolute beating for the first couple years of depreciation. Then I drive it until the maintenance simply gets too expensive. My Mazda 3, I bought at 7 years old with...
  11. theblooms

I couldn't care less about a "credit rating" because I pay cash for everything. I haven't made a car payment since 1999, and if feels oh so good. There is no conceivable way I would ever put myself into that kind of trap of having a monthly payment on something that is absolutely guaranteed to...
  12. theblooms

2014 CX-5 3rd party head unit not automatically switching to reverse cam

Keep the MAZCAM 6V converter, you need that. If you feed the factory camera 12V, you'll smoke it. To get your deck to switch, you'll need to find the wire in the shifter harness that engages the backup lights, as those do run on regular 12V. Now, just wire those reverse lights to the deck, and...
  13. theblooms

2014 CX-5 3rd party head unit not automatically switching to reverse cam

Measure the voltage on the reverse wire on the car's radio harness when in reverse. The deck is looking for 12V, if it doesn't get that 12V, it won't switch.
  14. theblooms

The one where you carry zero debt. It's only through having no debt when you can start building true wealth.
  15. theblooms

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Nice! Keep me updated as to whether it throws a CEL or not. I'm very interested for sure!
  16. theblooms

Where did you find it?
  17. theblooms

Watch out, we only have a 90A alternator. You'll need at least an extra battery to run that amp.
  18. theblooms

2013~2016 CX-5 Drain plug...Allen vs Hex

yrwei52 is exactly correct. The updated part number to replace both the allen oil and aft drain plugs is indeed the hex LFE5-10-404. I've already swapped both of mine. Oh, and don't forget to use a fresh crush washer every time! They're cheap, no excuse not to. I buy them a bag at a time, just...
  19. theblooms

Dead transmission, no codes?

Your TCM is dying, it's kinda a known issue. There is a guy on the MZ5 facebook group that rebuilds them for about a third of what the dealership charges. I can't remember his name as I quit FB a couple of months ago, but if you search you can find him.
  20. theblooms

2009 Mazda5 - Parasitic current drain of 290 mA - Solved

No clue about that. Very generally speaking, TSB's are just notices that if something's wrong, here's where to look. It's not like a recall at all. It's more of a guideline, and if that part has indeed failed, here's how to fix it. Personally, I replaced my factory stereo with a Kenwood with...