Search results

1. M

Car wouldn't start, not sensing the remote key

I have a similar issue where the key fob would work one day and not the next. The fob wouldn't unlock the doors but would start the car just fine. Well, I was driving, the key fob slipped out of my pocket and onto the seat and I didn't notice and locked the doors. I had to have someone drive a...
  2. M

CX-5 owner giving my real opinion

The original post was copied and pasted from a Reddit post a year ago. Seems like a troll trying too hard.
  3. image000000(1).jpg

image000000(1).jpg

4. M

30K service cost in Bay area

Oof. I had the same dilemma about 3 weeks ago, I'm glad I got out relatively unscathed. What dealership did you go to? Bay area prices tend to be substantially higher compared to everywhere else. This is most likely what the dealership covered I would guess since I was offered this on my visit.
  5. M

Brake Fluid Change Interval 2018 CX-5 FWD

Hahah yeah I feel the same way! Can't have the engine leak oil or wheel fall off.
  6. M

I am not very hands-on when it comes to maintaining my vehicle. The most I've done are replacing the filters in engine and cabin and topping off fluids haha.
  7. M

To be fair, I went to them when Mazda was offering free oil changes for healthcare workers and received excellent service. The process was really straightforward without any upsell of services and that was the main reason I wanted to return. However, I won't consider going back. You guys are...
  8. M

Thanks guys! I appreciate the prompt responses. I'll wait for the next oil change in 5K miles or 6 months.
  9. M

Just came back from the dealership today after an oil change and tire rotation. During the time I was there, the salesman tried to upsell me on the 30K service with premium oil conditioner, fuel additive cleaner, crankcase cleaning service, battery cleaning service, brake fluid exchange service...
  10. M

2021 CX-5 models arriving

I believe I read somewhere it's due to excess inventory of older model displays. Either that, it's just another sign of Mazda's cost cutting measures
  11. M

Yeah I don't agree with how Mazda blatantly cuts costs. I guess I would rather have them increase MSRP than to have these hidden gotchas. They've been doing this for a couple years at least. The 2018 CX5 Touring used to have 19" wheels standard then in 2019, you're given AA/Carplay and the...
  12. M

Just a random observation, Mazda removed the dual fast charging USB ports in the rear arm rest in the 2021 Touring models. Presently they're only available on GT trims and above.
  13. M

Disable Cylinder Deactivation

I stand corrected @HardRightEdg @2001birdowner and @Buzzman12 , the CD used to activate at only between 25-50mph (1st link) but Mazda may have tuned CD to be more aggressive in newer vehicles than older vehicles (2nd link) . https://www.greencarcongress.com/2017/11/20171127-mazda.html...
  14. M

At 15:45, when the reviewer opens up the fuel economy app, it looks like what all our vehicles have, a generic fuel economy measurement that is not in real-time and indicative of CD activation. Any MPG increases during a particular time interval is purely coincidental because certain criteria...
  15. M

CD is designed to work between 25 to 50mph.
  16. M

Orange Virus Tuning is continuing Mazda (tuning)

They went to chase after the popularity of Toyota vehicles and decided to drop everything else. A while back, they still provided a Mazda tune if you emailed them, not sure what the case is presently.
  17. M

How many actual miles on a new car?

I paid the exact same price for the same model 2 years ago. I originally made a deal for one existed on the lot with 29 miles. but when I got there, there was a brand new Sport model still on the truck. The dealership tried to charge me an additional $200 but I said, sell me that one at the...
  18. M

CX-5 Brake lights

I saw one this evening and actually got behind it haha. From what I understand, when the headlights are off, those will serve as brake lights in additional normal brake lights (Jimmy's #7 post). If the headlights are on, they will function as an extension of the tail lights and will NOT flash or...
  19. M

CX-5 Brake lights

On the GT and above, I thought they function as taillights and brake lights?
  20. M

Disappointments / missing things in your CX-5?

My guess is that they'll bump up the power for the non turbo, change the incandescent bulbs to full LED, trickle down some of the higher trim features down like adding a power driver seat for the base model (and raising the price).