Search results

1. R

New CX-5 with a cracked windshield

I have found it depends on your state laws. FL required insurers to replace windshields with no deductible. I moved to AL and now windshield damage falls under comprehensive coverage with associated deductible. I had Progressive in both states.
  2. R

HELP: Rough Cold start?!

Sounds a little slow/weak. I’d get the battery tested. Nothing more concerning than that in my opinion.
  3. R

2013~2016 Belt Tensioner - Shouldn't this be a warranty item?

Your thoughts matched mine. I felt the most difficult part was jacking the car up, removing the wheel, and removing the shroud. After that it was fairly easy and straight forward. Only caution I have is to the rotate the crank clockwise only. I honestly don’t know if damage can be caused by...
  4. R

Gen1, ‘13 2.0L. I think that made the job a lot easier lol! The tensioner was easy to manipulate, and slipping the water pump belt on was quick.
  5. R

Also agree. Even the thick plastic zip ties nearly damaged my belt. Turned it a little too far during installation and it was definitely digging into the belt a little bit. I was able to snap the ziptie off before it did any damage.
  6. R

Fellas, I tried the Gates V tool pictured above (the red one). I’m not sure if any of those will work on the Mazda pulley. I don’t remember there being enough room to use my Gates tool. See post #53 for Yrweis reshare of my belt replacement post. The tool was too wide for the pulleys and I had...
  7. R

Cylinder Deactivation Update

$140 is a lot of dough per month. You don’t know what folks have money earmarked for, thus not a helpful post at all. $140 a month for a turbo, or $140 a month towards a child’s college savings? As the poster suggested it’s called a budget. I haven’t heard of any issues after the software...
  8. R

Engine Breaking

I like keeping mine at 3500 or below. Seems to be a happy medium where I can pulse the brakes occasionally without spiking the rpms. Over 3500 just sounds angry lol
  9. R

Cylinder Deactivation Update

I don’t think there were any changes or improvement to the original design though. I could be wrong though: “cotters” could be the improvement. When people experienced the rocker arm fall off, Mazda was replacing the entire engine as a fix. Rather than continuing that action, this looks like the...
  10. R

That’s so weird. I was able to remove the belt and tensioner just fine with the wheel and shroud removed. The tensioner pivoted pretty easily with a wrench applied to the proper spot.
  11. R

First oil change question

#Preach Im trying to fight that good fight over at Rav4World. “I live in Florida, what oil should I use?” What’s printed right on the cap LOL. Folks don’t want to hear it. I even found the research conducted by Nissan when 0W-16 was created and tested. It has lower viscosity, but did you know...
  12. R

Possible New purchase thoughts?

Uhaul is definitely an option. Check out this link for some more research. Amazon Home Services isn’t something I would have thought of: https://www.move.org/professional-hitch-installation/ A Curt hidden hitch should run about $150 or less through etrailer.com. It took me about 90 min to...
  13. R

Possible New purchase thoughts?

I’d actually get the hitch done somewhere else. A technician will actually have to cut a hole in your bumper to fit the OEM hitch. That scared my mother in law right out of that. Salesman was very upfront about it. Showed us a picture of what they had to do and we passed. We preferred an option...
  14. R

2016.5 CX-5 Transmission fluid change questions

try a 2x4 against the pan, and whack it with a mallet.
  15. R

Not difficult at not difficult at all after removing the front passenger wheel and the shroud. That provided plenty of room to work from above and below on this mini project. You can do it! : )
  16. R

nicely done. I used a ziptie to get my new water pump belt on. It’s somewhere here on the forum but I can’t remember where lol.
  17. R

Cabin noise reduced in 2020s?

Not much louder. I test drove a 2018 Mazda 6 Signature and it was pretty darned quiet. Wouldn’t be a factor for me personally between used and new.
  18. R

Bye Mazda 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD

my bad. Had to get the recall done for my mother in laws CX5. Forgot it was an ‘18, not a ‘17.
  19. R

Bye Mazda 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD

For sure, just speculating. It’s sucks to see one of our folks get burnt so early into a vehicles life. No excuse for the car. You did everything you could do.