Search results

1. N

Front crash sensor problem

that last garage is full of s***
  2. N

Well I say you can't...but maybe you can buy a new socket... https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/lighting---electrical-16777/connectors-sockets-16631/crash-sensor-connector-16128/0d670d5aa319 Again, you will need to know what yours looks like and you'll need to hunt and see if its a big enough...
  3. N

You can't just buy a new socket. You have to hunt for a used one like they said. Did you have them take a picture of the socket so you could match it? If not, you will need to disconnect the battery, disconnect the front sensor and take a picture of it and then hit up junkyards and match it...
  4. N

2014~2018 Code P0421...Is this the part I need?

P0420 stands for “Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). P0421 stands for “Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). The Advance Auto one doesn't look like it has the cat. I for one, for things like this, call the local dealer's parts department with my VIN and have...
  5. N

2008 2.0L Mazda3 potential purchase questions

I have had bad experience with Walmart batteries. Especially in the southern heat here. They last a few years. I have had outstanding luck with Silver/Gold Autozone/Advance batteries lasting around 10 years. All this is anecdotal, so take it or ignore it. I did look up CR and that is...
  6. N

Those manufacturers don't use the same quality control for stuff they send to Walmart. Just because the same manufacturer makes the battery doesn't mean it's any good. Costco may be fine but you make up the difference in member fees.
  7. N

That's just what a good battery costs. $150 + tax is what I paid for the battery I got for the Mazda 3 and that was mid-range. No way would I touch a Walmart battery.
  8. N

2011 Mazda3 Sport Aux not working

Does it work similarly to the Mazda5? It doesn't work unless you have something plugged in the AUX port. If something is plugged in, it switches off the SAT input. On our 2010 it didn't work even if a cable was plugged in and I had to solder the AUX input to force it to stay on AUX because...
  9. N

2007 Mazda3 5 Door - Tail light assembly part check

Old thread but I just noticed that the 2008 Mazda3 I just got has the melted top red lens in both tail lights. How crappy is that? I don't think it will affect the inspection process and I don't plan on replacing the taillights.
  10. N

Just bought a 2008 Mazda3 Hatch out the door for $6500 with the 2.3L. It's a bigger engine but it wasn't loud at any time. It needed around $1k worth of parts to get it back into A1 near perfect shape. I think I paid way too much...but used car prices are going up. Check the fluids for...
  11. N

2012 Mazda3 Restoration Questions...Help

I just ran around to a few Junk yards here in NC and parts are going to cost you at least the minimum purchase as they don't want to be bothered with small stuff. They make their money on the body panels and drive train. For one place it was $20 for a seat bolt cover and a lower steering...
  12. N

New alternator, new battery, battery light still on

A plugged cat can really screw up a car so keep an eye on it. But no codes is no codes. Idiot lights. They should be against the law. Codes with descriptions would save everyone so much hassle.
  13. N

Bought a new (to me) 2008 Mazda3 and I only got a single lousy key

WAIT! One final twist! So I yanked the battery so I could do other work under the hood. It was a 7 year old battery...may as well get a replacement....it looked beat even though it worked. I was chasing down an issue with the fog lights...had to disconnect the computer and remove the...
  14. N

...so I also went to the locksmith and had them cut 2 keys and program them. $75 per. Whatever. I was sweating things because they were having issues. I was worried that the immobilizer was causing a problem. But they just needed their "pro" machine to do it and now I have 3 keys and 3 fobs!
  15. N

So update time! Got the standard 3 button fobs (not the switch blade) and they programmed just fine. Well, there was a small hitch. They installed the circuit board in upside down so the panic and lock buttons were reversed. A little annoying thinking the things didn't work right. Flipped...
  16. N

G66M-R Transmission Workshop Manual

https://www.mazdabg.com/ftp-uploads/MAZDA%20material%20for%20technician/Mazda6FL_en.pdf look for section 05-7...not sure if it helps you or not.
  17. N

Hey Y’all!

If the shocks and struts are original, you're going to be needing those replaced soon. I just got my second Mazda and those things go bad like clockwork at 100k. Putting in the beefier Mazda rear sway bar is a solid cheap upgrade when you do the rear shocks. My son remarked how much better it...
  18. N

Yep, found the full install manual on-line and it has that antenna box pictured in it. So I guess it is OEM afterall. I'm getting the standard key-fobs tomorrow. If they program, then great. I'm just going to get a key or two made, stick that thing back up on the windshield and call it a day...
  19. N

Mazda6 2.5 Slower than Mazda3 2.5?

Put a fat friend in the 3 and see if it feels the same as the 6? Hey baby...you're just the girl I need in my car!
  20. N

WTB: 2008 Mazda3 Front Passenger Seat Right Side floor bolt cover (black)

Title says it all. Let me know how much shipped to zip 28104. Edit: Found at a junkyard. No longer need.