2016~2023 Does anyone else's center console piano plastic squeak?

Brand new 2021 Mazda CX-9 that's done about 2000 miles and this week I noticed that the center console piano plastic squeaks. Not terribly loud but still noticeable.

It's driving me nuts! Just wondering if anyone else's vehicle does the same.

When does it squeak?

My 2018 is rock solid and dead quiet aside from the rattles from the infant and toddler car seats. If my wife happens to put her weight on the armrest, there is some squeaking, but that's because the armrest isn't something you're supposed to be putting your weight on.

My door card squeaks when I corner hard enough and more of my body weight is pushed against it. Center console doesn’t though. Same as @sm1ke that the armrest does if there’s enough weight on it

My solution is to not put weight on it.. lol. But it all depends on when the squeaking happens.. if it's all the time, regardless of whether weight is put on the area or not, I'd be chasing the dealer to have it looked at.

My solution is to hate that piano black junk. It's all over my Golf R and it sucks the biggie. Fingerprint magnet, easily scratched, reflects sun into your eyes, gets so hot in the sun you can fry an egg on the center console, now yours is squeaking and rattling. 👎

How did we regress from soft touch plastic or even Alcantera to this?

My solution is to hate that piano black junk. It's all over my Golf R and it sucks the biggie. Fingerprint magnet, easily scratched, reflects sun into your eyes, gets so hot in the sun you can fry an egg on the center console, now yours is squeaking and rattling. 👎

How did we regress from soft touch plastic or even Alcantera to this?

Probably only one reason: $$$

I get an occasional buzzing from the center screen on top of the dash when the temperatures go from hot to cold or vice versa, quickly. On the center console, the seat bolster rubs against the armrest and squeaks. I put a little felt on the bolster and it stopped. Nothing that I’ve paid attention to on the console around the shifter but I agree…Hate the piano black.

Thanks for this post. I was having the same problem for a year now and it was driving me crazy. Applied a bunch of Dry Lube last night to all of the panel seams. Hopefully it does the job.

Back