2017~2024 Too Early Oil Change Reminder

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
The oil change reminder comes up way early on the dash. Right now it is calling for the change about 900 kilometers ahead of the actual scheduled milage of 25,000 kilometers. Do I recall correctly that there is a way to adjust the timing of these reminders? It is annoying to have to fiddle with the dash display every time I start the car.

I personally think it's ok here as @Pitter is looking for a way to modify when the reminder pops up in the Infotainment system.
Point taken.

Pitter. From the Home screen select Accessories. Then Maintenance. You'll find what you're looking for in there.

Upvote 0
Don't mean to be a dufus but I can't find the option to adjust reminders. I went to the gear on the far right, "adjustments" and found options sor sound, clock etc. but not reminders. What am I missing?

Upvote 0
See if this helps.

9BDCB800-8FBD-47A3-B177-FDD7D812A82F.jpeg

Upvote 0
I have little to no faith in oil life monitors so I shut the feature off and just do an oil & filter change every 5000 miles according to the odometer.
The way I keep the reminder from popping up early and nagging me for scores of miles before a change is due is to set it for a 7500 mile OCI reminder and then reset it every time I do the oil change at 5000 mile intervals. The nanny feature is then muzzled as it thinks it doesn't need to remind me for another 1400 miles or so. Problem solved.

Upvote 0
Back