Driver Attention Alert Warnings

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
What behaviors activate the Driver Alert warnings? I got one the other day and don't know why.

Hands off steering wheel is how mine triggered.
I also just saw that one for the first time this past week. Usually it's the "Brake" warning when someone in front of me makes a lane change or initiates a turn & as I overtake them my vehicle still senses they are "in front" of me even though they are are slightly to the right or left and no longer directly in front of me.

The "Brake" warning I have seen many times. The "Hands off steering wheel" only once.

What behaviors activate the Driver Alert warnings? I got one the other day and don't know why.
Is this the “time to take a break” /“we sense you’re not paying 100% attention, maybe 99%” extremely loud beep? If so then yeah that was maybe the first thing to get disabled. Mine went off after driving over 60 minutes when I think I either treaded on another lane or maybe it sensed something else, then you the get the extremely loud chime and I think a coffee icon (maybe the icon was a different car).

Is that the warning you mean?

Driver alert warning is set to 1½ hour by default, can be set on/off in HMI under safety.
Its just a "timer"

Back