Wireless Phone Charging not working?

speed3chris1

2021 Signature CX-9
I bought a new 2021 CX-9 Sig with wireless cell phone charging. I can't get it to work. The best I can get is the white (stand by) light to come on. I have a new iPhone 12 Max and my wife has a iPhone 8 plus both support wireless charging. We took off both cases but no luck. Does anyone else have this problem?

My wife has had trouble with ours as well. My phone doesn’t have wireless charging.

I think she said placement on the charging pad was finicky and the top of the phone needed to be to the right maybe. I also thought there might be an on/off button somewhere down on that tray, not sure?

Upvote 0
My phone (XR) has a slippery case and would not stay in the tray but my wife used her iPhone 8 and it looks to have charged. Not sure the color but the %battery went up. This is on a 2021 Sig as well. Will check again to make sure with my XR.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I will try moving it around. If that doesn't I will stop by the dealer.

So, my charger works fine. I see the charge symbol come on and it makes a beep. The battery went up a few % in a short drive so it does look like it works. I have an XR with a big case as well.

Upvote 0
The wireless charging is kind of a joke, if you want to use the Android play (Galaxy s21) that charges the phone and there is no need for the charger. The charger is just in a weird place. I actually just use a cable to the right of the console for short trips or if I don't need navigation.

Upvote 0
Hi folks. So I was driving and was able to use the wireless charger on my Samsung S10 no issues.

I tried it again later that day and the white standby light just blinks. Per the manual for a white blinking light, it says "Standby mode (charging not possible)".

Does anyone know how to exit standby mode? I've turned it off and on numerous occasions but no luck.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Well figured that one out quickly. Read the fine print in manual and states all doors have to be closed. I had the door open when I was testing it out earlier with my wife's phone.

Working perfectly now! 😃

Upvote 0
All I get is an endless blinking white light tried two Pixel phones with the cases off and a iphone 8, none of them charge, all of the doors are shut and vehicle is running.
Any idea, I have even disabled NFC, still a blinking white light.
What should I do?

Upvote 0
Back