Turbo Replacement

No, the CX turbo has a different size turbine wheel and will not fit the garrett housing.

I'm not sure what you mean by the flipping the flange... it's positioned the same as stock. The downpipe bolt hole spacing is what looks different to me.

CX Racing 2860 Dual Ball Bearing is what I've gone with. Seems to be the easiest and a Garrett clone. I had to clock it and I'm running into Wastegate Fitment issues but nothing crazy so far

CX Racing 2860 Dual Ball Bearing is what I've gone with. Seems to be the easiest and a Garrett clone. I had to clock it and I'm running into Wastegate Fitment issues but nothing crazy so far
How does it feel with the car? Spool time and overall drive ability. Supporting mods?

How does it feel with the car? Spool time and overall drive ability. Supporting mods?
Actually not on the car yet. Car has been down about 2 months while I juggle life lol

I'm heading down to @323's in a few weeks in order to use his spare engine for fitment and to pick up some parts.

No real supporting mods, my turbo and manifold were done. (blown oil seals and manifold was cracked to s***) so I figured might as well upgrade and future-proof myself. Only real changes I've made are: (all of which are new to the car minus SSAFC. That went on about a month and a half before I took the car apart)
  • ARP Exhaust Manifold studs
  • Pope manifold and downpipe
  • SSAFC
I plan on building an engine slowly over the next year or so but figured its $400 for a decent turbo or $400 for a CX. The one I got came with 11psi Wastegate. I got a 7psi off ATP but the angles don't match. I'm hoping to test fit my straight arm one. If not, I'll have to get my welding/car Frankenstein friend to look at it and make it work.

Build is Here if you wanna follow progress

Back