Good price for extended warranty?

I got a 6 year 100k mile warranty on my 2020 GTR for 1900$

any out there with comparable deals? I thought I got a good deal when I bought it but now I’m having afterthoughts lol

I got a 6 year 100k mile warranty on my 2020 GTR for 1900$

any out there with comparable deals? I thought I got a good deal when I bought it but now I’m having afterthoughts lol

There's a couple threads on this, can get the Mazda plan for around $1,300. Without the discussion of value, check out post #43 of this thread

I paid $2400 for mine through my dealer. It's a 150K mile/10 year warranty. There is NO negotiation room on this. I literally turned it down after discussing it for 20 minutes and finished all paperwork and left the dealership with my new car, and was offered NOTHING off. Nada. "Don't want it at this price? I'm sorry, let's finish up with the rest." This is also a dealership that showed me their computer screens while selling me the car. Hold back. MSRP. Dealer invoice. Literally all of it right in front of me as we did the deal. I dealt directly with the GSM.

That said...I came back after driving the car for 2 hours, as I decided I was going to keep this one long term. It checked all of my boxes. They sold me the warranty, again, with zero haggle room. I used it for the first time a few weeks ago, where they did a mirror motor replacement on both sides of the car. Last time they did it was 25K miles ago, and the price has come down some. The bill was $550 per side to the company supplying the warranty, who approved the repairs with zero push back and offered me a dealer loaner car for 5 days (how long it was suspected for parts to come in, etc.) if I wanted it.

I am 53K miles in on my vehicle ownership, and 100% satisfied with my decision to get the warranty so far. I highly recommend a QUALITY warranty, but only if it stretches to 150K miles or so. Mine even covers shocks/struts! There are a TON of things expected to fail in 150K miles. AC compressor. Shocks/struts. Folding mirrors. You name it, and this thing covers it 100%.

For the record, it is important to note that an "extended warranty" may have certain stipulations that have to be met in order to maintain warranty coverage. For example, some 3rd party warranties state in the fine print that ALL service and maintenance work must be provided by a Mazda dealership, or the selling dealership. This may not make a difference to some, but if you happen to do your own maintenance to save a few bucks or your dealership's service department has proven to be incompetent, unfortunately you're chained to the dealership for the length of the warranty (if you want to keep it intact). So read the fine print and ensure you'll be satisfied with what you're paying for.

Another note - extended warranties from Mazda can indeed be negotiated, both during the vehicle sale and after the fact. Having no experience with 3rd party vehicle warranties, I assume that they may have a "no-haggle" policy, but that is not the case for Mazda.

For the record, it is important to note that an "extended warranty" may have certain stipulations that have to be met in order to maintain warranty coverage. For example, some 3rd party warranties state in the fine print that ALL service and maintenance work must be provided by a Mazda dealership, or the selling dealership. This may not make a difference to some, but if you happen to do your own maintenance to save a few bucks or your dealership's service department has proven to be incompetent, unfortunately you're chained to the dealership for the length of the warranty (if you want to keep it intact). So read the fine print and ensure you'll be satisfied with what you're paying for.

Another note - extended warranties from Mazda can indeed be negotiated, both during the vehicle sale and after the fact. Having no experience with 3rd party vehicle warranties, I assume that they may have a "no-haggle" policy, but that is not the case for Mazda.
I really balked at the warranty not being a Mazda warranty, but my dealer was adamant that it was as good or better, and said they would stand behind it. So far, I'm inclined to say it's better, based on the coverages people here mention, and my experience using it, thus far. Dont poo poo a warranty just because its not OEM, is my point. I'm not saying you are or did, just that I used to, and I am seeing otherwise, now.

I paid $2400 for mine through my dealer. It's a 150K mile/10 year warranty.
You name it, and this thing covers it 100%.
In another post you said the warranty was through CNA National.
They offer several types of warranties, but none of them provides 100% coverage as you suggest.

Which version of their warranty do you have? The "Best" version?
If so, that is exclusionary coverage that lists all the parts that are NOT covered.
I'd be interested in seeing the list of non-covered parts and exclusions as outlined in your warranty.

Last edited:
In another post you said the warranty was through CNA National.
They offer several types of warranties, but none of them provides 100% coverage as you suggest.

Which version of their warranty do you have? The "Best" version?
If so, that is exclusionary coverage that lists all the parts that are NOT covered.
I'd be interested in seeing the list of non-covered parts and exclusions as outlined in your warranty.
20190327_183010 (1).jpg

Found these on my harddrive. Shocks and Struts were in there...surprised me, too, just not seen on this photo, and you will see the excluded items.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Interesting note at the bottom of that promotional pamphlet...
"This overview is not all-inclusive. Please see the actual contract for terms, conditions, limits of liability, exclusions..."

Thanks.

Interesting note at the bottom of that promotional pamphlet...
"This overview is not all-inclusive. Please see the actual contract for terms, conditions, limits of liability, exclusions..."
Yes, and I read every word of every page of it. It's pretty much what it looks like, but does have some weird things like if you change the catback it voids vehicle warranty and odd stuff like that. Not really a concern on a CX5.

Found these on my harddrive. Shocks and Struts were in there...surprised me, too, just not seen on this photo, and you will see the excluded items.

Looks like the coverage is outstanding for a 3rd party ext warranty.
Does it require pre-approval before repair?
I found this to be a nuisance on holidays.
(used to have 3rd party ext warranty on a BMW... which broke quite often... :()

Looks like the coverage is outstanding for a 3rd party ext warranty.
Does it require pre-approval before repair?
I found this to be a nuisance on holidays.
(used to have 3rd party ext warranty on a BMW... which broke quite often... :()
Yes, took 5 minutes from my dealer. I wouldn't have even known if they didn't tell me. Also got approval for loaner vehicle free of charge for a week or however long it took for mirror motors to arrive and be installed. Paid $0.00.

There's a couple threads on this, can get the Mazda plan for around $1,300. Without the discussion of value, check out post #43 of this thread

Sounds like that price is worth it.

Back