2013~2016 New Tires

gatermor

Banned
Searching for all-season tires that I could buy for my 2013 Mazda CX-5. I checked out Discount tires and 4wheelonline but haven't decided on what to get. Any suggestions?

Lot's or choices and opinions for sure. I've found the General Altimax RT43 to be the right balance of grip, treadwear, comfort and cost for my family. I've had serval sets on several vehicles with good results.

I like my local Discount Tire store. Have done business with them for years and never disappointed.

Don't forget to also check out the tirerack.com, and Costco if you are a member.

My previous set was General Altimax RT-43 which were good tires and are very popular.This time around I decided to try Cooper CS-5 Ultra and like them alot.I only got them in November so long term satisfaction remains to be seen but at this point would buy them again.You could do a search for threads pertaining to this.Tire recommendations are a regular topic.

Searching for all-season tires that I could buy for my 2013 Mazda CX-5. I checked out Discount tires and 4wheelonline but haven't decided on what to get. Any suggestions?
What size are you looking for? 225/65R17 or 225/55R19?

+ 1 FOR Generals ALTIMAX RT43s. I have them on my CX5 2014. At ~ 30,000 miles they are about 70% gone. Great in the heavy rain here. Ed

Do not go with Nitto Motivo. I'm at 1-1/2 years with them, and the front ones are almost ready to be replaced. I put maybe 9-10k miles/year.

Happy with my General Altimax RT43's (H speeds, not the T speeds). They don't corner quite as well as my old Michelins did, but considering the cost savings, pretty happy with them. Great on dry, great in rain.

Did get caught in one snowstorm in them before my snow tire switchover and they absolutely sucked for snow. My Michelins at least didn't slip n' slide like these did. Keep that in mind if you live in a snowy area in winter and weren't getting a dedicated winter set.

I'm doing the same thing myself right now and seem to be at a crossroads. I replaced the Yokohamas that were OEM on my 2015 CX5 at 38,000 miles and bought the Michelin Premiere LTX which I've had for 63,000 miles. Great ride and handling but so many reviews citing poor treadlife although it wasn't a problem for me. Im replacing them bc I managed to get a split on the sidewall from hitting a curb. However, as has been mentioned they are expensive. The Continental Cross Contact LX25 was my next choice. A bit cheaper and a rebate but new model tire so not much in the way of user reviews altho the handful I've read seem ok. So do I go with the Michelins for about $350 more or try the Continentals?? Anyone have experience with both or just the Continentals?

I am also considering Continental but a different model Continental TrueContact Tour.
I guess it's not all season while the lx25 is but otherwise I'm not sure what the difference is.
I've bought two sets of Continental in the past with no issues. I've bought Michelin too, with no issues but like you said they're more expensive, which is why I'm leaning towards the Continental.

I looked on the Continental web site and saw the lx25 has a $100 rebate. The TrueContact tour does not.
Does the lx25 have a stiffer sidewall? What is the real difference? The web site says they all have a 'quiet comfortable' ride. Doesn't help me make up my mind.

I found these two reviews of the tires that might shed some light on the differences.

Back