Recent content by zps2004

1. Z

ZPS Build Thread

Cough....look at sig.......cough (burnout)
  2. Z

2" Straight through pipe without muffler!

Magnaflow FTW!!
  3. Z

Rx-8 throttle body

You need an adapter, but the spacing needs to be right to make everything clear the rest of the intake because of the larger size so it isn't as simple as it sounds. There are some wiring differences as well.
  4. Z

ZPS Build Thread

Went to a big autocross this weekend. It was at CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park). Even though I did not bring the 2, it was a good time in the Miata. This was the largest course I have driven it on and it took some getting used to but not bad over all. Of course I could have used more grip.
  5. Z

ZPS Build Thread

Well I got the problem solved. In short because I spliced into the factory rear speakers for the input of the amp through RCA cables what was happening was that when turned up the voltage would be high enough to break through a diode in the amp which prevents you from having + and - slipped on...
  6. Z

ZPS Build Thread

Well, here is the thing I have been working on. I am making a sub box for the 2 using the 2 6.5" door speakers from the Miata. It actually works surprisingly well. Ported box tuned down near 30Hz. Using an old Crossfire CFA142 amp. The main issue I have is that when I turn it up, there is a...
  7. photo.JPG

photo.JPG

8. Z

Grinding issue left front

Another thing to check is if the heat shield for the brakes is bent slightly and hitting the rotor somewhere. You should be able to bend it back by hand.
  9. Z

ZPS Build Thread

OK so small update. This weekend I should be close to finishing a special project. Not something you would normally think I would work on, but it is something I am interested in. I am going it on the cheap so I can try to do some strange stuff. Ok that was probably jumbled up enough to...
  10. Z

2014 B-Spec Racing

at least nothing else hit ya. That first SM which everyone passed was probably like what the hell is going on?
  11. Z

Completely stripped out/gutted Mazda2 weight?

You can only get a 225 in a 14" though. For autocrossing it would be better probably to have the extra grip from the 275 15" and not have the gearing advantage. You won't need it since you will have the power to spin the tires at will anyway.
  12. Z

Completely stripped out/gutted Mazda2 weight?

13" wheels won't fit over the stock brakes. Well at least I have yet to find a set that will. A car that light would be fun on track though.
  13. Z

The "perfect" GT Mazda2

Ahh ok that makes me feel better.
  14. Z

*** Everyone with steering clunk - read this ***

This thread has kinda died for a while. Mine is at 56K and still going strong!
  15. Z

What is your favorite brake pad?

I like my HP+'s since I do track mine. Other than that stock or HPS's would be great.
Back