Recent content by Zach@DDMWorks

1. Z

Civic Ground Control coils on the 2

To add to what Tony has already said in the rear it is easy to fit the threaded spring mounts. I had the threaded part on top and zip tied with with the spring to the chassis, that way even when the rear beam is lowered all of the way they never fall out. There is like a 1" gap on mine when I...
  2. Z

AN7's Mazda2 1.5 Turbo - Build Log -

Which TB did you swap in that fit? I did a search years ago and I got an RX-8 one for cheap, but we had to swap two pins on the connector to get it to work correctly. I tend to remember one of the coolant lines was in the way as well so we made a plate adapter for it to be able to rotate it...
  3. Z

ZPS Build Thread

Hey guys. I have been away from the forum for a while because I have been working on a bunch of other projects. One of the things I have been wanting to do is to update my youtube channel to have more informative kinds of videos. Well now that it is the new year I am starting to work on that...
  4. Z

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

I drove my 2 to work today. I only got one strange look since it has numbers on it. It needs a wash really bad. This weekend it will probably be getting that.
  5. Z

ZPS Build Thread

Yea I was thinking on going back to CMP now that I don't have to worry about my clutch slipping. Main thing is getting the RX7 going right now for Jzilla events in the fall.
  6. Z

ZPS Build Thread

Schedule could be an issue for me. When is it and where? I know they have them at AMP as well.
  7. Z

ZPS Build Thread

I thought that too, but after looking at the data I was even slower in turn 7 and there is no reason to take that turn easy. Especially for me in the 2. You never had to point me by. I don't think we were ever together on track.
  8. Z

ZPS Build Thread

So this weekend was another trackday in the 2 at Road Atlanta. The theme of the day was hot. It was 97 degrees outside and I have no idea how hot the pavement was but it was hot. The car survived with no issues. I was happy I could get a 3rd trackday from the pads and rotors which is a new...
  9. Z

Review: Carbotech AX6 front brake pads

Just change pads. Carbotech makes good pads for performance, but just like any other performance pad unless you get enough heat into them they will dust and make noise. It takes no time to swap pads since it is only one bolt per pad, and in the end it will probably be cheaper since you won't...
  10. Z

Lowest offset for a 15x8

I will say that the 225's on the 6UL would hit in the rear if I wasn't as stiff as I am. It just can't get compressed enough to hit the fender.
  11. Z

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

great to see another 2 on track.
  12. Z

HELP! Transmission oil leak and cold start rattle

Can you put up a picture of where it is leaking? Zach
  13. Z

flatlander937's Mazda2 build - SCCA STF / NASA NXF

I don't agree with a couple of the things you said mainly because you comments could be said for a larger rear bar as well. Not saying your setup is bad, just a different way to look at it which is always interesting. Especially since somehow I don't have the wheelspin issues everyone keeps...
  14. Z

I was just wondering because I think your 700F 700R setup without bars is very close to the same balance as what I am running if I am remembering the stiffness of the stock rear beam correctly. Zach
  15. Z

I was just thinking if you had the 700/550 without a rear bar that is going to be rather understeery and wheelspinny.
Back