Recent content by yungP5

1. Y

Rattling noise around strut

I was planning on cutting it off
  2. Y

and if im being honest... I dont think a vice grip will work because of all the rust
  3. Y

and doesnt the top part of the endlink just come out with the strut??
  4. Y

what would be the process of torching it
  5. Y

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VQ3ZqUQ33NoCxMkJ6
  6. Y

I couldnt get the nut off after shaving it down... so I cut the sway bar endlink... for the bottom part where is the best place in the image to cut it off?? https://photos.app.goo.gl/abZG54RJve7KJo6K7
  7. Y

i have a grinder but the wheel is a bit bigger
  8. Y

i got it to spin, but couldnt get the allen key to stay in place
  9. Y

i had a friend try to hold it using a wrench but we couldnt get it
  10. Y

im replacing the entire strut. i tried using the allen key but when I used the wrench I couldnt get the allen key to stay in one place and it spun with the wrench
  11. Y

yeah I got it to spin but I couldnt get the allen key to turn the other way. does it just spin because of the rust?
  12. Y

so ive been trying to take the swaybar nut off that attaches to the strut and its impossible... ive now decided to just cut the nut off and try to save the swaybar threads as much as possible. does anyone know what kind of a nut that is so i can buy another one as I do not want to wait a week...
  13. Y

How many miles does your P5 have?

Im just wondering how many miles can I expect out of my 2003 P5... Im currently at 150k miles but there is a boat load of rust. Not sure if I should sell it when I can afford another car or if its going to be a money pit. what is a reasonable ceiling for miles I can expect to get? I heard that...
  14. Y

Jumping then stalls

did you ever fix the stall issue
  15. Y

Any advice for a 02 Protege5, Automatic?

i bought a manual P5 from my hs buddy... i suggest putting in new VGK V powered sparkplugs and using the mazda 626 V6 oil filter. its a little bigger so the filtration is better. i also switched to valvoline semisynthetic high milage oil... will be using full syn in the upcoming winter
Back