Recent content by yrwei52

1. yrwei52

DRL fails after a recall service 8-\

This makes me think the following statement is legit.
  2. yrwei52

Need help - '14 CX-5 rough engine idle after replacing spark plugs

Did you get OEM ignition coil packs, or aftermarket ones? IMO ignition coil pack is not considered as a wear-and-tear item. Usually people won’t replace it unless an error code been generated. Even that, only the one indicated by the error code needs to be replaced, not all of them at the...
  3. yrwei52

2016.5 Cargo Cover

Just trying to show an OEM cargo cover is not 3 times more expensive than a third party version like OP implied.
  4. yrwei52

2016.5 Cargo Cover

$138.32 USD for OEM cargo cover and $84.74 for aftermarket, I’d go OEM for better quality. CARGO COVER (RETRACTABLE) | MAZDA CX-5 (2013-2016.5)
  5. yrwei52

Actually it affects almost every 2016 CX-5 Touring and GT with Tech Package. 2016 CX-5 for US market started to assemble in Nov. 2014 until the end of 2015. Everything assembled after that is 2016.5 CX-5. For the LED headlight assembly itself, every unit assembled from October 1, 2014 to...
  6. yrwei52

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

That’s very strange. If the “LX20” or “LX25” wording is on the inner side of tire, it seems whoever did the tire installation did it wrong. The “LX2_” wording and the tire “date code“ should be visible from the outside.
  7. yrwei52

Speaker size in CX-5 2017?

For 2016 CX-5 Touring, your factory 6-speaker system does have 2 3.25-inch (8cm) mid-range speakers in dash.
  8. yrwei52

I thought bait & switch was gone, apparently Mark Mazda still does it

As far as I know, he used AAA, not DMV, to get his new CA plate and registration.
  9. yrwei52

Is the CX-5 Dip Stick Calibrated for Hot Oil temp? It would explain a lot

Thanks for taking a picture! Something just doesn’t add up here in your case. Did you ever get empty 5-quart Mobil 1 container back? May be next time you can DIY an oil change and we should know why? :p
  10. yrwei52

Thanks for the update.
  11. yrwei52

I thought bait & switch was gone, apparently Mark Mazda still does it

So what is going to happen if one bought a new car at higher sales tax state but is registered at a lower sales tax state? Can he get a refund? ;) Each state may have different regulations, and they could get changed along the way. I do remember you can or at least it used to be able to...
  12. yrwei52

It’s been always US quart discussed. 4.8 quarts, 5.1 quarts, etc.
  13. yrwei52

Nothing wrong to have your oil level at the mid-point between ADD and FULL marks. For me it’s an added safety margin if the engine ever is losing oil like I just experienced not long ago. And historically the oil change capacity provided by the manufacture is always to the FULL mark of the...
  14. yrwei52

Thanks for reporting your experience. It proves again Mazda’s approximate oil capacity on 2.5T with 5.1 quarts is less than common knowledge where the oil capacity is based on the oil level at the FULL / MAX mark. Mazda stated this in the owner’s manual about oil level checking: “If it is...