Recent content by Wobbs91

1. W

2016 CX-5 Touring Aftermarket Remote Starter using OEM Key Fob

I've heard of people installing a remote starter that is able to utilize the original factory key fob (click lock 3 times to start engine). I've got a 2016 CX-5 Touring and would like to install something like this. Has anyone had success doing this? Could you recommend a brand? I need something...
  2. IMG_20161103_193058 (1).jpg

IMG_20161103_193058 (1).jpg

3. W

Installed LED fog bezel and LED switchback in 2016 CX-5

Easier? Probably not. Better? Definitely I mounted resistors the the bottom of the headlight. There is an emplty mounting space (for HID balast?) that I made brackets for on the plasma cutter at work and used to mount resistors. Will make headlight removal easy should you ever need it.
  4. W

Help choosing remote starter

Are you saying that if I get the factory remote starter, I can carry around just the remote starter key fob without having to have one of the originals? I asked this on another forum but never got an answer... Also, do you know if both original fobs are required to program the remote starter...
  5. W

Guide CX-5 Factory Remote Starter - Install and Program

Just to confirm, you have to carry 2 fobs? Also, do I have to have both factory fobs in order for programming to work? I recently bought a CX-5 with only 1 fob, was hoping to use the RS fob as a second.
  6. W

FYI I found this post...https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856869-Disable-enable-DRL-No-tools-required!
  7. W

Understand. I will use a multi-meter to determine which wire is which. The seller actually got back to me as well. I already ordered the resistors.
  8. W

Did you ever install an inline resistor to stop the hyper blinking of the turning signal? I found a link on Ebay but don't know if they're the right ones. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261510632698?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  9. W

This is a false statement. The white replaces the dim yellow light that you normally have when your headlights are on but your turn signals are not. Just got mine in today :)
  10. W

Chrome Trim around Fog lights

I like it but would want assurance that the "chrome" won't peel after 6 months. Also, I'm thinking of switching out stock bezels for ones with LED strips. In my opinion this is the way to go.
  11. W

I was thinking the same thing. Is there a way (other than intentionally burning out the low filament on the bulb) to disable DRL? I agree that LED strips should suffice.
  12. W

I forgot to ask. What did you do for DRL's? Can you post a picture of the DRL's and led fog bezel on?
  13. W

2016 CX-5 Touring Red Key Warning Light

I'm not sure if it's covered or not. I bought the car at an insurance auction after it was in a fender bender. I'll have to check once it's registered (finishing up the repair). Was fine for a while but the light started to appear this week.
  14. W

2016 CX-5 Touring Red Key Warning Light

Update: New battery. Same problem. Owners manual says to see a dealer. Open to suggestions.
  15. W

Glad to see it matches 6000K. That's what I was thinking of getting anyways. Have you considered LED headlights? I am thinking about going this route as I have had problems with HID's in the past.
Back