Recent content by wlong01

1. W

Navigation question for 2021 Mazda CX-5

The SD card is basically a flash drive that the software reads to produce the route. I think some speed limit info is contained in the mapping data for instances when a speed limit sign is not identified on a road.
  2. W

2021 CX-5 Sport Key Fob battery shows low after changing batteries

Try another battery in the FOB. What brand battery did the dealer put in? Energizer always seems to be good and lasts about a year.
  3. W

2014 CX-5 Need lower mounting screw for factory nav radio

Take one of the other screws out, go to the hardware store and match it. You don't need DoD level specs for something this simple. You're overthinking it.
  4. W

What to do when your vehicle is submerging?

Actually #1 should be -- don't get wasted and then try to drive your car.
  5. W

What to do when your vehicle is submerging?

There's a spring loaded punch device that some first responders carry for breaking window glass. All cars should have them especially the ones near alot of water.
  6. W

Mazda is advertising CX-5 models without Cylinder Deactivation and i-stop

Well that sucks. Hopefully not on the turbos or I won't be buying another one.
  7. W

Mazda is advertising CX-5 models without Cylinder Deactivation and i-stop

As far as I know domestic US CX-5's don't come with I-Stop, only CD.
  8. W

Question about replacing one tire

Agree with sloniupl, should of replaced the opposing one too, to be safe. I'd plan on getting rid of the Toyo's sooner rather than later. The Pirelli's would probably last 70k but I'm sure the tread would be a 2/32's and you wouldn't like the ride. I have about 20k on my Pirelli Scorpions...
  9. W

Where's the best place to buy the Mazda map updates?

That was the good ole days.
  10. W

Yeah, right. Try updating a bootleg SD card with the toolbox and see what happens.
  11. W

CX-5 Ride quality on 17” wheels vs 19”?

17's have a smoother ride. Actually think the 17's corner better and feel more responsive. More rubber on the tire.
  12. W

I'm buying a CX-5

You're right the unlimited plans are expensive. Two phones with Verizon, $122.00 per month.
  13. W

How do you know they're 2023 maps?
  14. W

Cracked cylinder head 2019 CX-5 with 26,000 miles

Correct. If he was the original owner and had a relationship with the Mazda dealer/service he would have a better chance getting help from Mazda.
Back