Recent content by wadewit

1. W

2007~2015 Major Issue with CX-9. Help Me!

CCOONCE - I’m trying to figure out an intermittent alternator problem in 2013 CX-9 i.e. Occasionally the alternator stopped charging but only after car has been running for 30 mins plus. I think running the A/C hard is related. Battery is new. Alternator numbers all check out when it’s...
  2. W

3.7L engine interchangeability

Hey @henex1980 - since I ended up finding a 3.7l duratech from another CX-9, I stopped looking for info. However I could find anybody that had swapped a Ford platform 3.7 into a CX9. while swapping in a 2012 “Mazda” 3.7 to my 2013 CX9, I can tell you that Ford is stamped on parts all the...
  3. W

2007~2015 2008 CX-9 Engine compatibility

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123867488-What-is-the-difference-in-engine-years
  4. W

What is the difference in engine years

I just put an engine from a lower mileage 2012 into my 2013 CX9 after had water pump failure at 92k miles. No issues with interchange. Had to switch a plug at the starter motor from the 2013 engine harness onto the engine harness that came on the 2012 used engine. I watched used prices on...
  5. W

CX9 preventative water pump replacement at 105k

little update on my '13 CX9 engine. I bought a low mile (46k) 2012 CX9 engine with *V* vin this week. About halfway thru swap. Never found any info regarding Lincoln and Ford 3.7L duratech engine interchange. Used Lincoln and Ford 3.7L engines (with same VVT system) look to be $800 to $1000...
  6. W

Transfer Case - 4WD Issues

FYI found following source for what looks like a direct fit replacement. Have not verified fit to CX9 but pictures looks good. Waiting for mine to fail before trying...
  7. W

Lincoln and Ford 3.7L duratech used engines are significantly cheaper than the CX9 salvages. But I bought a low mile (46k) 2012 CX9 engine with *V* vin. Swapping it in to my 2013...
  8. W

Does anyone know what the differences are between the *A* and *V*, California vs Federal, CX9 versions? (eigth digit of the VIN number) I had water pump bearing failure at 92k miles on 2013 CX9. Coolant thoroughly mixed with oil and pumped throughout engine. Shopping used replacement engines...
  9. W

Thank you. I will start a new thread.
  10. W

Just experienced the water pump fail last week. 2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 92k miles. Wife was driving & I wasn*t with her. Tried to diagnose over phone and then tried to coach her into limping it home before I knew what failure was. She made about 10 miles before couldn*t keep the engine...
Back